Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSVR Sportwagon MY17

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
I can't find any pics of ze Germans, but they have a similar cargo blind 'bar' across the back which has the blind coming out the back and a soft barrier coming out the top, clips much the same as how the cargo blind goes in

Cajun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
Has anyone had/used the 'Rear window dust deflector'

I currently have a VE wagon waiting for my VF to arrive. One thing that always annoyed me is how dirty the rear window gets.

I'm wondering if this part would help if any

atomic_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon S2
I can't find any pics of ze Germans, but they have a similar cargo blind 'bar' across the back which has the blind coming out the back and a soft barrier coming out the top, clips much the same as how the cargo blind goes in
While more convenient, I think that the Holden standalone solution would be sturdier than one integrated as part of the cargo blind. I primarily use mine to ensure the dogs remain in the boot and not the backseat - if only I could strap them down to the roof-racks.

Redlinewagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 - SSV Redline Sportwagon
Has anyone had/used the 'Rear window dust deflector'

I currently have a VE wagon waiting for my VF to arrive. One thing that always annoyed me is how dirty the rear window gets.

I'm wondering if this part would help if any

I don't think I've seen one these fitted to a wagon, does anyone have a picture of these.. ?

And are they something that could installed at home? Or is better fitted by the dealer?

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Here's a photo of ours, I took it when I fitted the new tail-lights but it shows the dust deflector:

20151211_171303_zpse74ekf43.jpg

monstar says it fades to dark brown; but I'd have said ours was a dark brown when we got it.
I can't say how well it works, unfortunately, I don't really have anything to compare to. It seems to work.

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
Yeah it's silly that they are so short - perhaps they are useable in a sedan boot?
You could always get a short length of bungee cord to make up the difference but the tow hitch keeps it in place.

Even worse in the sedan. There is nothing to secure either of the front or rear straps to. Its a shame as they are brilliant idea , if only they were secured.
I am not stoked on the quality though. I am on my second one under warranty. The buttons actually come apart if your not super gentle. the rest is top notch just the buttons are rubbish

lautray

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii SS
G'day guys. First post here. Was expecting delivery of our Redline wagon this Friday 19th May (ordered early January) but dealer informed us last week of a delay with production so hopefully late May - early June.

Are there any issues with fitting an aftermarket sunroof to a wagon? Was told Holden do not make them available in a wagon because of a structural issue? Any truth to this? We have another car with a sunroof (not a Holden) and I love it!

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Structural integrity is the issue from what I've heard. I wouldn't go cutting out stuff from a car like that personally. If you see what some of these cars look like post crash you wouldn't jeopardize your safety.

lautray

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii SS
Bugger, but cheers. I rang Holden to get some official guidance and got the shpiel from them. They "do not recommend it".

Redlinewagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 - SSV Redline Sportwagon
I'm starting the countdown now, the dealer rang - build date 16th of June..
Hoping to pick it up, hopefully by the 24th of June.
Now just need to make room in the shed ,and get the 2009 wrx detailed and ready for sale.