Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stalling but not...

vx_ss_black

phantom vx
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
hey all issue with my car.. vx ss 01.

anyway when the engine is cold is the only time it happens... when i let it sit and idle it sounds like the fuel gets cut off and then fed back in. like the revs will die but come back. it will also just sit there and rev itself. not much though. when im driving and this happens, it feels like the engine cuts out or the accelerator pedal is pushed in, but it aint. what the hell is going on with my car?:cry:

could it be the knock sensor?

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
has the car been tuned ?
does it throw the engine light ?

i would be checking the PCV valve hose that goes into the manifold behind the Throttle body for slips or a hole.

could also be the 02's

if its been tuned i would say its the tune.

vx_ss_black

phantom vx
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
nah hasnt been tuned yet. and yea it does do the engine light. ill check now for the holes...

edit: doesnt look like there are any holes in the piping. bugger. my mechanic fixed this problem before so ill ask him what he did. hew said he replaced a hose of some sort. cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Do an error code check. The light tells you it has logged a code.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Check the rubber joiner on the PCV hose, where the two hoses connect to one at the rear of the intake manifold. Actually they are plastic tubes and not hoses. Mine went the other day, causing high idling and it also triggered the engine light. If that is the problem you will need to buy the entire PCV hose setup, around $74. They do not sell the rubber joiner (of course). I bought a brass Y connector, a little bit of hose and modified it a bit.

vx_ss_black

phantom vx
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
it shows no error code when i use the diagnostic display on the dash. although i watched the temperature reading on the dash display when it started playing up and it was jumping between readings of about -60*C and 60*C. all over the place and changing quickly. argh this sucks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
it shows no error code when i use the diagnostic display on the dash. although i watched the temperature reading on the dash display when it started playing up and it was jumping between readings of about -60*C and 60*C. all over the place and changing quickly. argh this sucks
By diagnostic display I assume you mean the one accessed by the buttons on the trip computer. It does not display error codes. As far as I am aware the only way to read the codes of the LS1 is by Tech 2 or some other scan tools.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It seems to be the only way to access the error codes.

I would try cleaning the throttle body.

Hot earthing is more a marketing ploy than an added benefit. It doesn't really do that much.

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
mate where in aus are you ?

its going to be your 02's mate, if you checked that hose and its fine.