Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Standard features left out + Gripes.

ypod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
+1 i agree with u m8 thats why i got a calais v its got everything i could want and more worth the extra few $$$ in my opion,

but i do understand where ypod is comming from, but thats why they have so many models m8 the higher u go the more u get!!!

Yeah it comes back to what you want I suppose. I personally prefer the look of the Sv6 and SSV over the calais. And it sounds like the SSV doesn't have these small features either. They have nicer kit etc etc over the calais range. And I would say you pay the extra for big things like climate control, sat nav, leather seats etc etc but something like auto windows and a light bulb in the glove box should just be in all cars that have electric windows these days. Kind of like needing to buy one tv over another because the first one didnt come with a remote control. it's more like you pay for the size and resolution which is how it should be.
It's just my opinion but i do respect and understand where the others are coming from. The merc/bmw will be the next car. Needed a stepping stone.

affinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
International (Dual Fuel) VE MY10 Sedan, 3.6L 4A
It's somewhat like buying Windows 7 Home Premium instead of buying the professional or ultimate versions -- the product is basically the same, but with or without particular features.

Anyway, I agree that an Omega (mine's an International) should have far more standard level equipment; every other manufacturer seems to offer more in the most basic car forms (generally) -- why should you have to spend huge premiums for basic features people expect and can get from other brands easily. Heck, back to the computer analogy again.... how long has it been that you could buy an ordinary CD-ROM .... it's been DVD/CD-ROM minimum for ages and with all the "digital" features of mp3, avi, div-x, you name it..... and we get a basic "cheap" radio that has a single CD player (default) and limited ability???? What sense is that Holden, it isn't sense, it is penny pinching and I can't see it helping Holden in customer satisfaction ratings. Sure there are other reasons to buy a VE Commodore (of many variants), but the base models should clearly be better equipped IMO.

ypod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
To just bump on top of that whilst you argue in favour of Omega / International etc which are considered base models I was talking about Sv6 and SSV which I would not consider base models and also still do not have these things. I agree with your point but also want to raise that it's still non-existent until you really move up the chain into calais / caprice which looks wise doesn't cater for some people. sport models still need the ability for the features too. anyway, i think i've had enough of re-iterating the same point...

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Just want to have a little bit of a gripe about the SV6 and get some other opinions. Probably opening myself up for some scrutiny here but meh..

1. Took the car in for a service and asked if there's a way to make the window go up automatically without having to hold the button down. Was told they were flashing the computer anyway and it probably got reset when someone d/c the battery previously so yeah no probs it'll get fixed. Then got a call to say that this feature is only offered on superior models like the calais and caprice. The window goes down at the push of a button why not make it go up?? It's a feature that been in cars for god knows how long now and it certainly can't be that hard considering it's already in their other cars. Surely not a feature worth putting an additional price tag on but I would consider standard these days.

2. If they can afford to put an mp3 ready 6 stacker CD player in a 20K Mazda 2, why can't they put at least an MP3 playable CD player in the SV6? Yes I understand its about price point and there are many other features teh SV6 has that the mazda 2 doesn't but again it's much of a 'get with the times' issue for me.

3. This has been complained about before in this forum but the aircon vents don't point up above 90 degree horizontal angle! Enough said.

4. Why do they still use an old school winded back-rest instead of a lever? And why put electronic up and down and no electronic forward and back or recline? The cost should have been shifted to make the up/down of the seat a pump action like other cars and make either the recline or forward/back of the seat electronic which i would bet others to agree is more frequently used.

I'm sure i can think of some more but unfortunately I do have a day job. Keen to hear opinions. Lets try to keep the personal attacks out of this thread.

Cheers

Valid points mate! I cant say that I disagree with any of them.
Going from my 7 yo Forester to my new Sportwagon I sometimes get annoyed that there are all these features in my old car that arent in my new car.
But all minor things that dont change the fact that Im otherwise very happy with the International.

Myabe the cosmetic update coming out over the next few months will be addressing these things?

ss-g8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv g8
My windows go up with one touch of the switch maybe you should have paid a little extra an got the ssv which has these features.

Shiny Alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Haha, good thread, one for me is outside temp.

My Father inlaws Vectra has this, the GFs old Astra Coupe had this. but the SV6 doesn't and it cost more new than both of those.

I put it down to the fact that the Commodore is Oz built and it doesn't get cold there like the rest of the world, so they left it out.

Just a note on the seat adjustment. How many times do you set it for it to be a hassle? Simple solution is don't share your car then you don't need to move the seat. Works for me!

Until you take it in for a service and the buggers change it, it's been a month since mine was in and my seat position still isn't spot on.

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
If you want the extra's pay the money. Quite simple really.

You cant expect every box to be ticked and paying the price of an omega.....

An ssv is a little bit more then a omega. It sad when a 16 year old calais has got more features and its but bout haven every box ticked its little things that most other car can seem to manage to have in them. dont care for all the Bells and whistles just simple stuff for the money you pay

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
So you have to buy a top of the range model to get a glove box light now? Yeah that most certainly is a luxury feature! Even shitty Great Walls have glove box lights and auto up & down for the windows. Hardly what I'd call luxury features lol! my Golf even had auto up & down and it is 6 years old! Even has a glove box light. I'm really riding in style!

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
my vp calais has glove box and center console lights