Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stato headlining :(

jerzey1234555

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.nitidus.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman and vk calais
just wondering if anyone has removed the headlining from a vs statesman and how much work is involved mine is sagging to the max and id like to fix it but i dont want to just go pulling at all the plastic peices and breaking them any help would be apreciated

wayvr

R.I.P AAA-99P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx cluby
i re did mine in my vr commo just need to take pillers off and the door seals and drop the roof lining in down and dissconet the interio light and take it out the front passenger side door with the 2 front seats touching the back seat like leaning all the way back and should come out with a bit of time and be care full you might scratch your dash

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
or you can get it professionally done for around the $180 mark and takes them 1hr to do.

wayvr

R.I.P AAA-99P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx cluby
then your car smells of the glue that they used just like what happened to my mate when he got his done pro .. i did mine my self and just left it over night to get the smell out

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6

quiksilv3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII L67 Statesman
I got a trimmer to do mine - was $160 all up in the factory coloured padded fabric(prices ranged from $160-$175 when I called around).

Did it once before, and all the crumbled glue went through the interior. Took just over an hour to do the roof lining, and a week to clean the interior. Well worth the $160 for a trimmer to do the work and clean it all up afterwards.

jerzey1234555

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.nitidus.com.au
Members Ride
vs statesman and vk calais
i did the wifes magna a few weeks back and that was fairly easy but when i looked at the stato i wasnt too sure about removing all the plastic trimmings and from what i understand the statesman has different trim to an exec i tried removing the one at the rear but all the clips came off and stayed in the roof so now it doesnt go back on very well the fabric and glue im not worried about thats a sinch just dont wanna stuff the plastics up

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
unfortunately due to the heat n what not, they break, not much u can do about it.. either wreckers, same thing could happen removing them also, or maybe holden for parts..

toolman7

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn V6 & v6 nos sprint
i did the wifes magna a few weeks back and that was fairly easy but when i looked at the stato i wasnt too sure about removing all the plastic trimmings and from what i understand the statesman has different trim to an exec i tried removing the one at the rear but all the clips came off and stayed in the roof so now it doesnt go back on very well the fabric and glue im not worried about thats a sinch just dont wanna stuff the plastics up
there is no need to take off rear plastic. Once you remove the front pillar trims and pinchweld rubbers from around the doors and of course lights and sunvisors then pull down slightly on board to release velcro from the middle and then your able to slide board forward and out from under rear plastic trim panels. Just make sure u clean under the rear plastic trims as sometimes the old foam can be on the inside and when u slide it back in can stain your new lining...

Magifil

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VS Series III Caprice
Statos have "hockey sticks" that run from the front pillar to the back 1/4 window unlike Commodores and they are very fragile. Pretty sure that is what he is referring to.