Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering too hard/Electric window

Lafanter

Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE EXEC VY
VY EXEC MARCH 2003 SEDAN

Steering feels hard to steer as compared to other cars as BA Fords or MAZDAs etc, is it normal with the commodores as i have felt the same with my friend's VZ.

Is it possible to install electric windows, how much would they cost.

Lafanter

Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE EXEC VY
fluid is good mate
i have driven some fords and mazdas and their steering feels real power steerings, can steer with a finger. Commodores VY/VZ ???????? dont know what is their problem.
BA Futura feels so light and fast with its steering and powerful engine, wow
But commodores are good looking with good quality interior and more comfortable but hard and slow at the same time, i wonder why???????

Lafanter

Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE EXEC VY
can ay one tell me how to soften down the steering a bit.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
skinnier tyres.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
I have changed the tyre pressure from 25PSI to 35PSI which helped alot, but its still not like a ford.

well theres ya problem there......BUY A FORD!! :p

and yeh i can se why it would have made a diference.....there some flat tyres lol

Lafanter

Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE EXEC VY
well theres ya problem there......BUY A FORD!! :p

and yeh i can se why it would have made a diference.....there some flat tyres lol

but i dont like ford's interior and exterior. Commodore is much more sexy looking car. I wish I could put the engine/transmission of new ford XR6 Turbo's in my commodore. it would be wowww

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Light steering is horrible, my sister has a Kia and **** me, its so light i recon i could put a rudder on the wheel and blow in the direction i wanna turn, i drove it around the farm, its just stupid no-one is that weak, and its quite dangerous i think. Commodores have a nice firmness to them, still easy to turn but its nice and firm.
If you think a VY is hard to turn, try parking a HQ with no powersteering and a big donk in the front, not to mention they run wider tyres.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
I have changed the tyre pressure from 25PSI to 35PSI which helped alot, but its still not like a ford.

Isnt the tyre pressure meant to be 40psi?

Elec windows can be installed, had them in my vy exec series 1, i can find how much tonight for ya :thumbsup: