Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering Wheel Audio controls

desruction

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Hi i was just wondering if anyone knows whether or not my VT 99 Berlina has the wiring in the wheel for audio controls as i was looking at buying a set?

Hope you guys can help :)

Also are there any guides or instructions anywhere on how to remove the wheel without the airbag going off in my face :w00t:

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
Hey mate, i cant reaaly help u with getting it off, but i am lookin to sell my controls out of my vx soon if u r interested.???

desruction

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Yeah mate if the price is right :whistling

What condition are they in and how much ?

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
Well its still in my car, and they are in excellent condition. Ill give em 2 ya for $80 when i take em out.

G

Gamble

How do u get em off? i wanan get em off cos they r no use 2 me now i installed my other headunit

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
REMOVE the battery cable first!!!!!

That is one of the biggest mistakes people make when trying to remove the steering wheel controls....an airbag in the face isn't many peoples idea of fun. Doesn't always happen....but it DOES happen.

Couple of screws in the back and the horn cover should just about fall off ;)

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
What sort of head unit did you install because you can get adapter units to make the steering wheel controls work with some them.

Arth

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
I recently replaced my head unit in my VT Calais and was wondering if I could get the controls to work with the new head unit? Or do I need a top of the range $1000 head unit for it to work?

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
trunkrattler Couple of screws in the back and the horn cover should just about fall off

Those couple of screws on the back, do they need special tools to get them out? Ive tried to look at them on my car, but cant work out how to take them out, so I got the Holden dealer to take them out (which cost me 49buks!) and NOW the horn doesnt work! I have an 05 SV6.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
erm...I honestly don't remember. BUT if Holden took it out for you and the horn stopped working immediatly afterwards. Take it STRAIGHT back and tell them to pull their fingers out of theirs arses and fix it.

Rule number one after doing ANYTHING to car..Test ALL functions of the car and fix any problems that have arisen from your work.