Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stereo Full Volume

Ganzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S UTE 175 M6
destorman said:
Hey dude, I'm looking to upgrade my system ... what did you get / cost / etc ...

hi destorman

HEAD UNIT: Pioneer deh-p7750mp $1300
AMP: Rockford Fosgate p4004 (under drivers seat) $700
SPEAKERS: Dynaudio 240 gt spilts (factory location) $1200
MOST IMPORTAN SUB: Rockford Fosgate P2 10" ( behide passager seat and still have full movement insealed box) $400
PIONEER IPOD ADAPTOR $250
THE CAT INFARED LEAD SO CAN USE FACTROY STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS $299
POWER KIT IS ROCKFORD FOSGATE SAME WITH RCA'S $300
Install cost $300

Total cost $4749 :yeah:

Has won second place for sound quality already :yeah:

vzss_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
mate do u have any specs on the cat infrared lead that you have used for being able to use the steering column controls? AM interested in getting one.. u reckon i can get one from brisbane car n sound or do i have to get it from some where special..
thnx

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
kilmo said:
For all u IPodders out there Belkin make a wireless transmitter for them. For around $100 all you do is select a FM channel on the device, tune in your radio and listen to all ur mp3's.

I listened to them & was suprised at the quality - pretty good, and then I saw one on eBay for <$20 with postage. Comparing the 2 I cant hear the difference & my cheap eBay one has about double the range, so I can listen to my MP3's off the PC inside while in the shed cleaning the car :D

MySV6

djs7cc

Dylan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Ex Cop
for all ur ipodders out there
stinger do a fm modulator for the ipod
what it is is a little boz which has antenna input from the car and ipod input which leads out into the antenna input on ur facotry head unit
they are about 200 bucks from JB hifi but the sound is 50000000 times better then any transmitter.
the sound is as good as auxilary input

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Or get an Auxillary Input via a 3.5mm jack connected to the factory unit. Greg (Phreddy) - Eastern States, or Ant (wrx884) - Perth does these. This type of connection will sound better than any FM Transmitter on the market. My Aux In kit is on order :)

2wfu7ud.jpg

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
RIMG0235.jpg

This is my set up.
It hooks straight into the bottom of the ipod and is activated via the button you see in the pic, which is mounted to the bezel holding the t/c button. The sound quality is absolutely outstanding, plus it charges the ipod as well.

Anarky99

...should be faster....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 Commodore MY05
RIMG0235.jpg

This is my set up.
It hooks straight into the bottom of the ipod and is activated via the button you see in the pic, which is mounted to the bezel holding the t/c button. The sound quality is absolutely outstanding, plus it charges the ipod as well.

hey mate,
who did the install? I'm looking for something similiar in the near future. I'm in melb.

sebapl10

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
where can i get a aux kit like yours and im from melbourne btw..phreddy expand to melbourne please

vzchick77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ holden SV8 VT SS VN Calais all current rides
hey guys does this refer also to my SV8 when the bass kicks in the stereo automatically goes down in volume :( so annoying but a mate told me that when I changed my battery the system would have gone back to factory settings and hte car never did this when i brought her brand new hmmmmmm.....

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
I got 4 speaker pack from Pioneer and a Fusion sub/amp combo hooked into the factory head unit so it all looks stock as a rock but sounds awesome.

The only downside is the speakers can handle so much more than the head unit can put out, so it likes to distort. But it came with a free Poker kit.