Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Still the toughest Commodore ute around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
we need a poll

I don't think we do, there are definitely cars with more power and cars that have a different look, I would prefer to have this as tough IMO is having a ute that you can say was in a movie just to do a burnout, its had the legend Peter Brock driving it, it went head to head with Brett Stevens in the JD ute just for a show, Its been in in the Melbourne and Sydney International motor shows which I would love to know if anyone has had a car in an exclusive show like that, someone said it hasn't aged gracefully, if its driven for its purpose, burnouts and powerskids, I'd say it looks pretty good, its getting the engine built again with more power and new paint. I don't care what else is out there, its Tough.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Oh, brock never drove Da HULK. I take back what i said, its not tuff in the slightest :):whistling

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
How about a VY SS ute with 1500hp.... that is currently available for $40,000.

FS Active's Dyno Queen VY SS TT Ute or Drag Car - Commodore Car Club of WA

Impressive, now just to find the $40000. Well priced considering what you get!

Oh, brock never drove Da HULK. I take back what i said, its not tuff in the slightest :):whistling

Yes, you take what I say out of context for something different, fine your Patrol is the best commodore ute I have seen!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Your the one who said it.

Your posts says Still the toughest ute, with a ?, meaning is it?

No, there have been other utes that are tuffer. Keep in mind you didn't specify what makes it tuff. Big HP motor, bulletproof driveline, and you didn't say what it had to be built for, street, strip, burnouts.

Your entitled to your opinion thinking its a patrol. In my eyes its still a commodore. No different really to your choice not having a factory motor or paintjob, Hulk still had an LS1 AND is hothouse green, factory holden paint (with some airbrushing).

If you don't like other people posting their opinions, just say THIS is the tuffest ute, and then get the thread locked so no-one else can have their say ;)

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Your the one who said it.

Your posts says Still the toughest ute, with a ?, meaning is it?

No, there have been other utes that are tuffer. Keep in mind you didn't specify what makes it tuff. Big HP motor, bulletproof driveline, and you didn't say what it had to be built for, street, strip, burnouts.

Your entitled to your opinion thinking its a patrol. In my eyes its still a commodore. No different really to your choice not having a factory motor or paintjob, Hulk still had an LS1 AND is hothouse green, factory holden paint (with some airbrushing).

If you don't like other people posting their opinions, just say THIS is the tuffest ute, and then get the thread locked so no-one else can have their say ;)

Seriously, thanks again for your input, most helpful. Do you have to start arguments and take the piss out of everyone you talk to in person or is this just a forum thing? You will also see that I aggreed that Hulk is a tough car, did I upset you by saying it was a Holden Nissan Commodore Patrol? By your definition this forum should be Just Cars and 1% of them are no longer Commodores.

Last edited:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Seriously, thanks again for your input, most helpful. Do you have to start arguments and take the piss out of everyone you talk to in person or is this just a forum thing? You will also see that I aggreed that Hulk is a tough car, did I upset you by saying it was a Holden Nissan Commodore Patrol? By your definition this forum should be Just Cars and 1% of them are no longer Commodores.

Your the one that said it doesn't count because its got a different chassis. Where do you draw the line on whats acceptable to be called a commodore? And more importantly, why do YOU get to decide it? Its personal opinion, me and 3 other people think DA HULK is the tuffest Commodore Ute. (And for the record, if were talking ones on holden Chassis', then it wouldn't be the one in the first post in my books either ;))

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
I like Rob Vickery's VS ute, clean subtle and a **** load of power.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
this came up when i searched for ford ute.

eddytassone.jpg

eddytassonedyno.jpg

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
This red one is the one for sale for $40000 isnt it, money well spent I reckon!

Status
Not open for further replies.