Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stolen VY wagon

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
On easter sunday 9/04/23 my silver vy wagon was stolen. Please keep an eye out. Has tinted windows alround, black 5 spoke rims with little gutter rash. Dint in right rear quater panel just near tail light lens. Bastard left licence to take car for test drive, liecnce found to be stolen 2 weeks previous. Cash reward for any info that leads to finding the guy and car
Did the car have any plates on it when it was stolen?

BTW this is the number plate that came up after putting your VIN into VicRoads Rego Check:

Rego: 1TZ3ES

VIN: 6G1YK84AX3L137671

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Where did you have it advertised and how did the theif contact you ?

Quagir

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy
Did the car have any plates on it when it was stolen?

BTW this is the number plate that came up after putting your VIN into VicRoads Rego Check:

Rego: 1TZ3ES

VIN: 6G1YK84AX3L137671
No playes when stolden as i took them off once the rego expired.

Quagir

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy
Sorry to hear of your vehicle being stolen by some nicely spoken low life thief :mad: Guess the moral of your story should be don’t trust anyone :oops:

On that front, if I was selling, I‘d be reluctant to even take the guy out for a drive (with him being just a passenger) as you hear stories of armed robbery during test drives. But if I ever did take someone for a drive, it would be in an insured and registered vehicle. That way I’d still be covered even if the passenger pulled a knife and stole the vehicle through threats of violence (and he can happily have it as the insurance will pay me)…

I wouldn’t ever let anyone drive off on their own in my registered and insured car unless they provided a 100% of the sale price as a fully refundable deposit so they could get their money back should they not like the way it drove. Why, because you hear of drive-offs or even of people making 1/2 payment with promises to pay the rest but they never do….

And if some buyer doesn’t want to abide by my conditions around my car sale, then they can go elsewhere and buy/steal from someone else.

And because the car would,be registered, I‘d want correct details so I can fill in the transfer forms so as not to be getting tickets as the last known registered owner… As for proof of who they, I’d want 100 points of ID just like banks do…

Sadly it’s too late for you right now but chalk it up to a learning experience and hopefully you’ll be lucky enough to get your car back in the same condition it was the day it was stolen.

PS: if the car is unregistered, you can get a one day unregistered vehicle permit and insurance cover note which the potential buyer would pay for (on top of the 100% deposit)… If they are serious buyers, they’ll accomodate the sellers reasonable requests.
Unfortunately he got me, i havent sold many cars before and he was sneaky. Im hopful i will see it one day but for futre, only going to sell with rwc and rego plates. Never think it will happen to yourself and feel sorry for others when it does. Then BAMM!! Gone before my very eyes and not a thing i could do.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Unfortunately he got me, i havent sold many cars before and he was sneaky. Im hopful i will see it one day but for futre, only going to sell with rwc and rego plates. Never think it will happen to yourself and feel sorry for others when it does. Then BAMM!! Gone before my very eyes and not a thing i could do.
Do you still have the stolen Drivers Licence he gave you or have you handed that over to the Police?
Be interesting to possibly see how he put his picture on another person's licence.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Also the finger prints on it that are not yours.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Do you still have the stolen Drivers Licence he gave you or have you handed that over to the Police?
Be interesting to possibly see how he put his picture on another person's licence.
Mate, you can make a gun out of a 3D printer. Go figure:)