Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Storage, a place to keep my project!

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
out the front, tarp or car cover.. make sure you cover where the plates go.. also on ebay or at the Easter show and that they make up plates to put on your house door and that, you could make up a mockup one of a vic one..

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
A few things come to mind which will foil the ideas submitted so far.

Firstly, if it's a project, there is a good chance it won't be movable for some time during the construction, so how do you move it from the front strip onto your drive during that time?

Second, parking on the nature strip is illegal as already pointed out.

Thirdly, putting plates on it to foil the police and council is illegal and could cop large fines. Making your own plates is also illegal in most, if not all states.

Next, generally projects take a fair time to complete and keeping the car out of the weather is necessary. Trying to do up a project car that is left outside is unlikely to result in a good job and could cause other problems such as rust and interior damage to occur which adds cost and time to the job.

The OP's original idea of finding somewhere to store the project is clearly the best. Find yourself a good undercover area and avoid all the problems.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That rule about nature strips must be new, because it was legal 10 years ago, I checked

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
That rule about nature strips must be new, because it was legal 10 years ago, I checked
Road Rule 197. Has been in the legislation since at least 1999 (when road rules were revised). Not sure about prior to that.