Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strange engine noise

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
hahahahahahaha, i dunno either. when i try and think of how it sounds i cant do it without trying to mimick some weirdass sound and then i realise how stupid i sound and stop. stop smiling andy i know you did the same

i wasnt stupid i was doing it in my head haha, im thinking kitty (kartmans) cat on south park and has that cat orgy :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ahh im gunna watch that episode again try to understand the noise haha

cheers

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA THATS GOLD!!! Because I did the same thing!! KITTY!!!! HAHAHH

It’s coming from the eng bay im guessing? So it couldn’t be diff noise? Does the noise go with the eng revs or the speed on the car if that makes sense? You can limit it down to drive train or engine that way

EDIT: sorry only read half your post. mine had big induction noise which sounded a bit like kitty i guess (pffftt hahahaha!), could that be it?

Last edited:

fullaaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ
hahahahaha i am starting to feel ill. Has someone actualy listened to a cat on heat? i know i havent, i have listened to a cat making noises stuck in a tree but me throwing lemons at it probably didnt give an accurate reading of the noise it was making.

thebulk, can you get a recording of the sound your car is making? Even one with your phone recorder might be able to narrow it down a bit as to what the noise is.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
but me throwing lemons at it probably didnt give an accurate reading of the noise it was making.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:ahh this just gets better an better lol

VZ04SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5 IMPULSE BLUE
I don't know if it's the same noise, but my sv6 auto with 68k made a whirring / whining noise the other day after some 'spirited driving'. It only lasted a short time and didn't increase with speed so maybe it's different to your problem?
I also noticed the same noise in the mornings when I start up and stick it in reverse (only happens in reverse), it stops when it warms up... so I'm guessin' I'm going to have issues with the transmission some time in the not too distant future...