Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strange Transmission Problems

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
reasonably firmer than finger tight.

pliers are a great torque wrench - hard as you can with pliers hahahha

J.P.R.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Hey,

The leaking seems to have stopped after I used the pliers (not too tight :D)

However I've been to a transmission shop today, and the guy told us, that the problem caused wasn't actualy by the transmission, but by "misfiring under load". In the end it was just a bad lead, and the spark plugs were also quite old...

But anyway the fluid was extremly low because of the dripping, and I'm glad I have that sorted out now... Hopefully no more serious problems (though there are some more minor ones, but that's for next time :D)

Thanks a lot for all the answers, it's always cheering me up to read some of the comments :)

Ah and by the way I really enjoy driving in Australia with our beautiful commodore :)
(although I sometimes think, that this massive 3,8L-engine is a little bit of a waste with all the speed limits here compared to the German Autobahn *making-everybody-jealous* XD - sorry guys :D )

CindyB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive II
Hoping anyone can advise/help. Just privately bought 2002 VX II Executive with RWC (only done 120,000kms). Problem it seems to shutter 3-4 times in quick succession when under load just going up very slight road incline. Doesn't happen every time. Yes did take it for a test drive .. am worried. But could be something simple but need to know facts before finding mechanic if problem? Gathering it is a transmission problem but its not the gears kicking down. Appreciate any thoughts.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
As in the post above, probably a bad spark plug lead.

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
doenst sound too bad ..if it test drove ok for you and a RWC..

if you dont know when it was serviced last .. start with a simple service just plugs. engine oil and filter

start there

mobile mechanics can come to you - or find a fixed price car service deal in nambour