Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid car salesman experiences

Brucefromruse

CRAVEN MOORHEAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
Salesman once told me the car had only done highway miles, because the pedals wern't very worn. Ever had a conversation and a few beers with a top producer ? i have, and after about 4-5 drinks this guy was nothing but a braggin blowin mouthpiece, Something about dumbasses with flappin mouths and no real skills seem to be car salesmen. I like to play dumb when looking at cars and make out i believe all he says, then give really stupid reasons as to why i'm not buying it. Funny as!!!!

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
My father got a deal on a Toyota, signed paperwork & was to pick the car up the following day. On his way out the boss of the dealership asked what the final price was, and when dad told him he shook his head, walked to the dealer dad had already signed paperwork with and had a rather verbal arguement.

The owner then walked back and told dad the price was $2k more than the agreed deal and tore up his paperwork. Dad rang a dealer 30 mins away, agreed on the same price he was given at the local dealer and drive up and picked the car up that afternoon.

He has never been back to the dealer since.

I bought my wifes Barina from there (Toyota/Holden dealer) and year we got ripped off as well, after the agreed price they slapped more charges on it. Because they did not know about a few serious issues with the 2 cars we were trading in I decided to push them to see how far they were willing to go. They ended up dropping the extra fees to $300 and they included the seat protection spray for nothing. Considering the VZ needed about $2k in work they did not know about , I was happy. But I wont go back to that dealer again, so I bought my VE from Sydney instead :)