Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

subaru engine cleaner for vn ok & how to use ?

aussieghostrider

Reaction score
Can I use that stuff on my vn if I have got dirty/blocked injectors and the normal injector cleaner stuff is not working well ??

I have seen youtube vids and it will blow alot of smoke etc ...

can this also be put in fuel or is it for spraying into inlet manifold only ??

can someone please explain procedure as I wish to give it a try ... I dont wont to have to pull them out and get them cleaned properly as I did this few years ago and cant be stuffed forking out more $$$

thanks...

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Can I use that stuff on my vn if I have got dirty/blocked injectors and the normal injector cleaner stuff is not working well ??

can someone please explain procedure as I wish to give it a try ... I dont wont to have to pull them out and get them cleaned properly as I did this few years ago and cant be stuffed forking out more $$$

thanks...

hey mate ive used a few can fulls of this stuff its great, bascially all i did was take my plenum off and spray a good even amout down each runner, let it sit for 15min then started her up, it blew lots of smoke n crap, to this day havnt had any problems from doing it and it ran much better after doing it (ive done it like 4 - 5 times)

good luck :beer chug:

Edit: Dont put in fuel, also someone else will have to clear up about using it on injectors, not sure on that one

Sharpie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp S1 Exec
The best way ive found to fix dirty injectors is remove the fuel hose going into the fuel rail and remove the pressure regulator assy. Using an air line blow out any excess fuel in fuel rail. spray subaru upper engine cleaner into the fuel rail until it freely flows out the end of the fuel rail. Refit the pressure reg and fuel feed hose to the fuel rail and let it sit for an hour. Start engine. This method cleans the bucket filters in the injectors and injector pintel. Use the rest of the can to remove the carbon in the inlet manifold and heads via the method shown at the end of the previous link.

Cheers Steve Sti Subaru Melbourne.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute

thanks...

i just realised it was for a vn what i really posted wont really help ya much cos the buick is slighly different, sorry man!