Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

subbs turning off ! cutting out.

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
so your amp is putting out...
500 Watts RMSx1 @4 ohm (20-200Hz, 0.5%THD)
900 Watts RMSx1 @2 ohm (100Hz, 1.0%THD)
900 Watts RMSx1 @1 ohm (100Hz, 1.1%THD)

you will deff need 4GA to run this system
it may be cutting out because it does not have enough power.

otherwise check the wires going to the sub and see if there is a short anywhere.

mitchy_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s pack 5spd/ vs calais S1
ok, i havnt put 4g in yet plannin this weekend 2 do it, but today wen i started car the bat light and air bag light was on, wouldnt turn off, so i took it to my merchinc and he messured my bat, and said my alternater is putting out to much power to bat, on the scale it goes up to 16volts, the needle went way over!! , lol, so we changed (i forgot what it was on the alternater sum swith thing) and yeh checked it again and it was fine this time, maby this was the problem all along.. i duno ..even so (changing to a 4g still is a must!)
il drive 2moro with music up see if it cuts out again. i think it cut out on the way home i duno buh il check 2moro ..

mitchy_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok, its still cutting out, like cant have it on high for even 1min.. so i took it to autobarn today, checked it out. the problem is the ground. il have to fix the ground, really sand back the paint and make a good conection. That will fix my problem, but wil need pretty soon a new bat, my bat is only putting out 75 sumthing i forgot. he told me to look at the number get another bat, minium putting out 95. Also wiring 4g.
This all should fix my problem :) il keep yous posted on how i go. thanks for the comments everybody

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Wha?? 75?? The only thing you battery should be putting out is about ~12-12.8v, or up to 14.4v when the car is running.

Are you actually having any problems with the battery? Does your car crank over quickly? Have you checked the water level in the battery lately?

mitchy_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
on the bat it says RC 75... he said get a bat thats RC 95 or more
if ur stil not sure i can put up a pic. take a look on ur bat it shud say sumthing like that 2.

also, i fixed up my ground, sanded it back and reconected it. Atm its working pretty good. So that was the main problem.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
OK OK I get it,

What is Reserve Capacity?

Reserve capacity is the time in minutes that a new, fully charged battery will deliver 25 amperes at 80 degrees farenheit and maintain a terminal voltage equal to, or greater than, 1.75 volts per cell. This rating represents the time the battery will continue to operate essential accessories if the alternator or generator of a vehicle fails.

Put another way, reserve capacity is a battery's ability to sustain a minimum vehicle electrical load in the event of a charging system failure. Under the worst conditions (winter driving at night), this minimum could require current for ignition, low beam head lamps, windshield wipers, and defroster while driving at low speeds.

Yeah cheapy battery generally have a lower RC while better (not necessarily more expensive) batterys have higher, this is what my battery looks like (not my actual battery, just same type, warning large picture) http://www.quintonet.com/qev1/beginnings/IMG_4645.JPG . So I recommend a D34 as a good battery, but any good brand battery will work good. But keep in mind this will not affect the performance of you sound system. As long as you are only using the system with the engine on.

Yeah bad grounds can cause all sorts of headaches, glad you got that fixed.

mitchy_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey, haven't been on this thread in awhile, but problem was my ground, a temporary fix, I screwed some screws into the wire straight to the body of the car. :) which made better connection for ground and worked like a charm, but I finally upgraded my battery , and upgraded my wiring to 4Guage. Did that this morning and screwed in couple screws str8 through the wire into body just incase, and for better conection :) (found 4Guage wire with ground for $50 at JB, so expensive everywhere else.