Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Subs cut out... think it might be the battery

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
An audio place told you to take you subs down to 8ohms! What? You would get piss all power from those subs!

Something you can try till you get larger cable. Get the two 8g power cables and put them into a distribution block and then run 8g to the 4-channel amp and 4g to the mono. The mono is going to draw more power then the 4-channel, so when a bass note hits it can use its 8g cable and say half of the other 8g cable. Temp idea only, larger cable is definately better.

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
fixed my problem, my mate who did the wiring (i gave him a hand) selected 50A cb's for each amp, put a clamp meter on the 8awg going to the subs and it was drawing 70A lol, so the CB was trippin and reseting itself, im an apprentice electrician so im not used to CB's resetting themselves so i didnt even think of it lol, but upgraded it to an 80A fuse, which is slightly more than what 8awg is rated for so im plannin on upgrading the cable to 4awg in the near future, but for not im happy coz everything works as its supposed to, its good to be able to listen to music without my subs constantly cutting out.

thanks to everyone for your input and advice and hopefully this thread proves usefull in future.