Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sudden loss of power on highway

95Waghoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive wagon
Update (sort of). If ever your cruise control won't operate, good chance one of your tail/brake lights has blown a globe. Stop lights and cruise are on the same circuit and if a globe is blown, cruise won't work. After finding all 3 of my brake lights were out and replacing the globes, the sudden loss of power issue has stopped. I know these VZs do some weired stuff but this is crazy. Went from doing it several times on a 40 minute freeway drive to nothing from exactly when I changed the brake light globes. One to remember guys if you have anything like this happen to you, replace your brake light globes.

Thanks for the above help everyone

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Update (sort of). If ever your cruise control won't operate, good chance one of your tail/brake lights has blown a globe. Stop lights and cruise are on the same circuit and if a globe is blown, cruise won't work. After finding all 3 of my brake lights were out and replacing the globes, the sudden loss of power issue has stopped. I know these VZs do some weired stuff but this is crazy. Went from doing it several times on a 40 minute freeway drive to nothing from exactly when I changed the brake light globes. One to remember guys if you have anything like this happen to you, replace your brake light globes.

Thanks for the above help everyone

okay, that is a weird one and nice heads up, but did you find out what blew out 3!!! brake light globes?
did they all blow at once or did they all go over a period of time ?