Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suggestions please :)

Etch93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Commodore VU S Ute
I own a 2001 VU S pack , 3.6l V6 and wanting advice on the cheapest / Best way to improve the performance , my mate Recommended a maffless Tune and get all my injectors cleaned etc , but im curious to here other advice , would like to even get it up to around 180-190kws at the tyres if possible :)

Thanks Etch :)

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
180-190rwkw eh? You'll need some sort of forced induction or heads, cam, pretty much EVERYTHING possible to get up to there. Either way you're not looking at much (if any) change from $10,000

Mafless tunes are a V8 thing, they pose little benefit to you.

Etch93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Commodore VU S Ute
Cheers thanks for that i might even look into selling mine in a year or 2 and get a stock V8 and start from there :) might be an easier way of going about it , unless its easier to buy a V8 and put it into my ute? if thats possible im not really In depth with mechanic knowledge atm thats why im seeking advice

Cheers

Etch93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Commodore VU S Ute
Cheers mate :) , im still a p plater atm so :p might be best wait a year or two when im further through my apprenticeship and get a decent V8 problem is im in tasmania so ild need to get one from either here or melbourne :p

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Didn't need to tell us you were a P Plater, we kind of figured out when you posted you had a 3.6L in a VU, They are a 3.8L and tell you're mate to get some proper knowledge. You have come to the right place for the right advice.

Etch93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Commodore VU S Ute
oh i was just saying , but um my user manual says its a 3.6 l? :/ thats what i thought someone said it was a 3.8 but yeah , i just want to see if theres any way to get an extra 15-20 kws out of my car without spending too much :)

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
extractors and cold air intake will give you a little more. but if you want to get v8 in a few years, then i wouldnt bother in spending any money on the v6. save up all you can and get a v8 and modify that.