Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Summernats Tuff Street

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
Yeah its the best weekend of the year !! Plenty of people say sat night is too full on but weve always done atleast one lap in the crazy hours, its awsome i have footage taken from the go pro camera its funny stuff to watch. If ya have never been then go its a good weekend

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Hahaha, chuck some of the footage up, would be great to have a peek !

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
Ill try work out how to put footage up later on for ya, my computers telling me to upgrade the abode or some crap i tryed but the download didnt work ill sort after and get a video up for you

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Cheers mate, look forward to seeing some smoooooooookers.

Beardie

NDK
Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Turbo, 1984 VK Berlina v8, 1998 VT Wagon
been to every summernats since i was about 10 years old (15 of the suckers) and have entered the last 3, 2 in my VK v8 and this year in my VL Turbo.
when i was a spectator i enjoyed tuff street but now being a entrant the endless bogans and drunks starts getting old. i had one bloke tip a bottle of water threw my VKs passenger window one year all over the girl sitting in the seat and covering my freshly trimmed console in water. this also happened right in front of a security guard. nothing came from it other than my car and the girl getting wet.

same sorta crap was going on this year to. i parked my car up by about 1pm on saturday cause i could see it getting rowdy.

basicly summernats is good fun and a great experience but if u dont want the risk of damage park it up early on sat or go in the driving events on sat arvo.

they now have on friday night you can cruise threw the burnout pad and do a skid and not get in any trouble for it. i didnt go threw there last year because i had only just finished my car but ill be hitting that up next year for sure!

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
Summernats is great fun from a spectators point of view, as long as you arent too politically correct and can handle the odd set of boobs and foul language. Most people follow the rules, stay off the road and dont touch the cars, but by the end of saturday things get loose!
Having gone for the last 7 or 8 years i dont think i could take a show car, too much chance of some turd scratching or damaging it. Definitely try spectating first and make sure to bring a group of mates...but dont take your gf/wife/sister...

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
Having gone for the last 7 or 8 years i dont think i could take a show car, too much chance of some turd scratching or damaging it. Definitely try spectating first and make sure to bring a group of mates...but dont take your gf/wife/sister...

bingo.. its great fun to be a spectator at, more trade stands than any other show in the country to spend money at, plenty of places to grab a beer etc.

if i was entering a nice car or taking a chick there once the day wore on and the crowd started getting crazy i wouldnt go anywhere without a carload of my biggest meanest mates. dont get me wrong i've never had any dramas there spectating on my own but if u have a nice car/chick the "tits or rubber" crowd wont leave u alone.

i haven't seen the drunken crowd do anything too out of line but i've heard some wild stories about what can happen, and with that many drunken loonys around it wouldn't take much for things to get wild quick