Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sup3rst4r's 2011 my11 ve ssv heron ute

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
I reckon the pressure washer and snow foam lance I bought has been the best detailing investment ever and makes cleaning the car a breeze and super fun to use.

I also managed to get my garage organised and squeeze both my tool box and some shelves in there.

Ute just fits into the single spot, joys of renting a small unit.

So not much else has happened however have been contemplating moving the ute on to make way for something more practical. In a perfect world I would be able to keep the ute and afford another car however there isn't enough garage space and the money from this ute would make a nice deposit on a new one.

I took a nice drive out a local road and found a nice scenic spot to take a couple arvo photos.

I'm going to return the ute mostly to stock and pull off my wheels, coilovers, pull the stereo out and put the stock one back in, as well as put the factory airbox back in.

Since I'm doing this I decided to finally get some pro shots of my ute and enlisted the help of a talented young hobbyist photographer who runs 58 photography. A couple shots for now then I'll do another post with the full set.

As for the next car it'll be something with 4 doors. At first I really wanted a Gen F Senator but have come to the conclusion still to much money and insurance is a killer, then I thought VFII Redline which I can buy through work at a good price, but then this came off the truck and I fell in love.

Brand new MY17 Colorado Z71 in Satin Steel Grey. This would be the most sensible choice as the country roads I travel are torn up due to all the rain and I would be a lot more practical to take to the dams out here. Still gotta sell mine first before I make my mind up.

As always comments and opinions are more than welcome.

Cheers, Todd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo GXP
Such a clean looking ute.

The new Colorado's are a pretty good bit of gear, still prefer the Rangers though.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate, yeah the Rangers are cool but like $10k dearer and I don't reckon the have $10k worth of extra gear on them. And the employee discount I get through work is to good to pass up.

liam-1805

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
Hey mate, love the ute just interested to know how much the powdercoating of the SS-V wheels cost and how well they held up over time? cheers

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate, love the ute just interested to know how much the powdercoating of the SS-V wheels cost and how well they held up over time? cheers

Cheers mate, to be honest I had them powder coated a couple years ago so I can't exactly remember what they cost but I think it was around the $200-$300 mark. They have held up pretty well apart from a couple small stone chips and the coating coming off the back of the rim where the hub sits.

It's a nice cheap visual mod though.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's been a while so figured I had better post the biggest update.

Sadly I sold the ute just before Christmas, it just wasn't getting driven as much as I would have liked and I needed something more practical. I ended up taking my wheels off, stereo out, OTR off, HIDS out and Hella Horns out but I left the coilovers as I didn't have the time to get them out. Buyer travelled down from the Central Coast and fell in love with it on the spot.

Looks a bit ordinary without my wheels and gear

Then I picked this up a couple days later:

Brand new MY17 Z71 Colorado and I love it. I fitted the weather shields, flares, tubular side steps and super dark tint. I plan on getting new wheels to fill out the flares when they are back in stock as well.

Its a nice feeling to drive a car and not worry about scraping in driveways or crappy roads haha I have already put 3500kms on it after a trip to Coolangatta for New Years and it never missed a beat. I don't have anything to crazy such as lifts or 35s planned as this won't be a major off-roader , however would like to put on a bull bar, some LED driving lights and replace the stocko bulbs with white LEDs throughout and some minor cosmetic touches. I might end up doing a thread in the miscellaneous section if anyone is interested.

I would like to eventually have another V8 ute residing in the garage for the weekends however time will tell. Until then I'll still keep an eye on here for all the diverse builds.

Cheers, Todd

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
what have you done with removed parts
how did you find the k sport coilovers

Last edited:

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
This makes me sad to see it back stock but i have to admit the new Colorado looks unreal! Allways great fun having something that can get off the black stuff