Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Super Chargered Omega, easy enough?... Advice/Ideas!

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Done the supercharged v6 thing a about a year back and spent 10k+.
Dont waste your money on a V6 get a v8.I got my VE SS( with some small mods) this time last year and i have not looked back since.

Last edited:

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
go the v8 route,i too had a supercharged vr s pac.theres nothing quite like the torque and note from a v8.dont get me wrong there are alot of tough charged 6 cylinder cars around but they come at a price.

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
Unless you've got an endless supply of coin, like everyone else has said, you'll probably never win against a V8 with mods.

Spend your money wisely & buy a V8 yourself.... I've never "modified" my car, and never had an issue with winning a drag at the lights ;) lol. (NOT that I drag at lights ppl... But I do get the smart arses that pull up next to me & rev their 6's to race... Not much of a race when I'm half way down the road & they've just pressed go.)

Last edited:

BlueSteele

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SSV Sportswagon
getting 21L / 100km, and the price for 98 is above $1.50L

Really? that high? do you do mainly traffic driving or is it freeway? actually better question, what L/100km were you getting before now?

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
^^ Was that on a VE??
No it was Holden/buick 3.8 out of vp but it was still a v6 and it was fast just under 300rwhp.I'd still rather have a v8 than a v6