Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged Daily Driver

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
I've got the chance to trade up to a VF11 Redline which has had some work done to it. The car yard modified this thing (magnuson supercharger, cam, lowered suspension) to lure people to the yard and are now looking to flog it off. it's got around 410 rwkw, and is an absolute weapon when you give it a bootfull

This will be a daily driven company car, and i'd do roughly 15-20,000 km per year. My only hesitation would be long term reliability.

Does anyone else here use their supercharged (non HSV) or highly modified car as a daily ?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I can't answer your question (although there ARE people dailying their blown Commodores so hopefully you'll get an answer from one of them) ... but is there any chance this is Camden Valley Holden at Narellan?
They had two such demo (both wagons at the time) when we were looking. :)

Make sure you get an answer about fuel usage, if you're doing 20k km per year & you've got to pay for it yourself ...

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
HI Forg, no it's not from Camden Holden . Not too fussed on fuel, as it's all paid for ;)

Still trying to work on changeover price... I wasn't too impressed on being offered 25k for my 1 year old SS

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Sold my 2012 ssv VE for $26k in February of this year with 44k on the clock
$25k for a 1 year old VF SS is a joke.
HI Forg, no it's not from Camden Holden . Not too fussed on fuel, as it's all paid for ;)

Still trying to work on changeover price... I wasn't too impressed on being offered 25k for my 1 year old SS

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Sold my 2012 ssv VE for $26k in February of this year with 44k on the clock
$25k for a 1 year old VF SS is a joke.

Yeah i know, i found it a bit insulting, considering it's only got 14,000km on it . Especially when they wanted $40k changeover on the Redline which although new is also a 2015 model...

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Yeah i know, i found it a bit insulting, considering it's only got 14,000km on it . Especially when they wanted $40k changeover on the Redline which although new is also a 2015 model...

So they want $65000 for a 2015 redline with an aftermarket SC?

Mate this would be worth $40000 max the minute you take it out of the showroom

j_davis_1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport edition
I always thought the modification will not be adding any real value to the car in the used car market. I would rather get a stock Redline and add a supercharger if I want to.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43

in the immortal words of Darrel Kerrigan " Tell 'im he's dreaming"

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
$65k for a used Redline all done up is about $5-6k away from a new HSV LSA Clubbie... not seeing the value there. In the end it's always going to be a Redline. Your support for any issues down the track will be minimal and costly compared to a factory spec HSV unit.

So they want $65000 for a 2015 redline with an aftermarket SC?

Mate this would be worth $40000 max the minute you take it out of the showroom

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
$65k for a used Redline all done up is about $5-6k away from a new HSV LSA Clubbie... not seeing the value there. In the end it's always going to be a Redline. Your support for any issues down the track will be minimal and costly compared to a factory spec HSV unit.
and not to mention not ADR compliant so you'll have drama's getting rego and insurance