Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger or Turbo

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
from memory the capa kit is about 7-8k.
That kit has a vortech V2, intercooler and makes about 400 hp.
Become friends with a tyre salesman.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
nice, you would go through a few with a VZ S ute.
my HZ wastes 245 tyres in no time, so i have a constant strugle to find cheap ones to replace them.

oh and wgs150, im sorry but i know nothing about the turbo kits, try one of the bluechip tuning threads, he might help.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
I thinkl the 330kw turbo kit from magic performance sell for $10k.
I heard the capa kit stage 2 with the cooler is 350kw for $6k,would be good to see look on some v8 boys faces,when they say wtf in that, silent drive supercharger awesome,capa told me the kits will be ready by late may or early june.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
brettsv6 said:
,capa told me the kits will be ready by late may or early june.

some are out now. my mate has one on an SV6.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
slundy said:
some are out now. my mate has one on an SV6.
Hows the low down to mid range power,also who fitted the kit.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
low to mid is better than i expected a big improvement on the ecotech kits. he is only running at 7psi atm but that will be increased soon, probably to 9-10 so that will pick it up even more.
He ordered the kit from capa thinking it would get here later this year but it arrived about 2 weeks ago. A place in perth fitted it under his watchfull eye, but i cant remember the name of the shop.

Ganzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S UTE 175 M6
Is it better to go with S/C or the turbo, in the long run which will be easier to upgrade without changing all of the parts if something new come out.
EG: putting a bigger S/C or turbo or intercooler.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
hate to do this to you but its personal preferance. both systems can be upgraded to a certian point. above that internials will have to be changed. with a turbo you will spend more upfront because of the manifolds, but then you can put a bigger turbo on those manifolds. another plus with a turbo is that boost can be controlled with the righr boost controller and this alows you to crank more boost through on race day. however to get more boost an a supercharger you will have to change pulleys.
A supercharger will give better lowdown and you wont be another ricer with a BOV. lol
as i said both can be upgraded, it just depends on what you want to do.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
slundy said:
low to mid is better than i expected a big improvement on the ecotech kits. he is only running at 7psi atm but that will be increased soon, probably to 9-10 so that will pick it up even more.
I thought they came with the 9psi standard in the stage 1 kit with the water injection,What kind of exhaust is he running,and last but no least,is he using the original final gear ratio that came from factory 2:87:1.
Sorry so many questions,but a lot of people have been waiting for this kit including myself,was told once the software&tuning had not been sorted and that all interested parties would be notified soon.