Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharging my vs

Rusty17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore series 2 supercharged v6
Hey jus putting a eaton m90 supercharger on my vs series 2 and wonderin if any 1 has some handy tips or tricks up ther sleve and any thing unusual they encountered
Thanks

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Not really, it should be easy considering the supercharged V6's came from the factory with the M90.

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
Not really, it should be easy considering the supercharged V6's came from the factory with the M90.

yes, BUT... you will at least need the bigger injectors and the S/C ecotec tune.

There are plenty of members on here that have done it before (even with a turbo/s)... they should be able to tell you all the things to be careful of and what you need to do.

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
yes, BUT... you will at least need the bigger injectors and the S/C ecotec tune.

There are plenty of members on here that have done it before (even with a turbo/s)... they should be able to tell you all the things to be careful of and what you need to do.

If he needs to be told about the injectors and the memcal, maybe he shouldnt be attempting to S/C it himself :p

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you need the heads and fuel rails as well so theres injector holes

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
As well as the upper inlet manifold and a bosch 044 fuel pump, isn,t the harmonic balancer different on the l67? I fear the snout on the M90 will be too long, so a new balancer and belt are also in need.

Unless I'm wrong, I thought the L67 ran a dual row balancer

Rusty17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yehh found ill hav to get new balancer and pullys. Are the heads different on the l67 to a ecotech? And i got told the standard injectors are alryt up to 10 psi and same fuel rail can be used... Dun need to be road legal as its a burnout car...

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Yes the heads are different. L67 heads seat the injectors directly in them, and not in the inlet manifold like the vs. Different harmonic balancer, inlet manifold, injectors, fuel rails, fuel pump, tensioner and idler pulley, radiator hoses and piping etc. You'll also need to modify your engine harness or source one from a vs L67 (rare as). Are you referring to stock ecotec or stock L67 injectors? I Would strongly recommend against using the stock ecotec injectors. Since you're building a 'burnout car' you're going to be holding it at high revs for a prolonged time. Ecotec injectors (and even the stock 36lb L67 injectors with a few minor motor mods) will soon max out giving you a lean mixture. I shouldn't need to explain the detrimental effects of lean air/fuel mixtures...

Rusty17

Reaction score
Members Ride
yehh found all rest out but you said even L67 36lb injectors wont cut it, what size would you recomend for being on the pad for 2 mins and running roughly 4 n half 5 thou rpm

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Depends on your motor mods and how much demand there is for fuel in the higher revs. 36lb will probably be fine if you're not too modded from stock and not intercooled, otherwise green top 42lb would be all thats needed.