Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supid question

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
Just wondering, I need to get my dad's v8 ute to my workshop to secure a section of the exhaust. I'm on my Ps and I can't drive a V8. If I remove two spark plug leads and drive on six, does it class as driving a V6? it really needs this exhaust repaired and my dad's constantly doing other stuff. I know a quick run won't hurt the engine but I just need to know if it is legal to do this as I am contemplating it.

redrags

Reaction score
Members Ride
walking
stupid question answered by a stupid answer... yes it is 100 percent legal... a v8 with 2 cylinders not going is a v6

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Well, you got one thing right, It's definately a stupid question....However, are you a mechanic? If you are, you're permitted to drive any car during work hours on your P plates, regardless of the engine. You don't even have to display P plates if you are road testing a car during work hours.....I'd just drive it to work.

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
Well, I'm an apprentice, but it's not work hours, and it's not for work reasons. So I can't drive the car for the reasons I need it. I could push it, but pedestrians aren't allowed on the Westgate bridge.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
get it towed, get rac tell them the car is broke and presto free tow

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
Well, I'm an apprentice, but it's not work hours, and it's not for work reasons. So I can't drive the car for the reasons I need it. I could push it, but pedestrians aren't allowed on the Westgate bridge.

ask your boss if he will write you a letter saying your on work duties, give that to any copper who pulls you over

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0

Not for work reasons? You're doing work on it aren't you?

I'd do what nemesis said, see if your boss will write you a letter to say you are driving it to work to perform repairs on it. Although, if it was me, I'd just wing it and drive it to work.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
very unlikely you will get pulled over on the way to work, dont have p plates on it either
and if you do, say its a customers car which you just picked up and taking to the work shop, and its against company policy to put p plates on customers cars as the plastic plates may scratch the car.... not one word of that is a lie.. family can still be customers

Veriton

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VZ
disconnect the injectors, not the spark plugs. Without anywhere for the spark to go it can cause a backfeed and blow the coil pack.