Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suspension setups in VK

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Daz... you need 400lbers on the front (even for a street car 350 is too soft)
and maybe 300 on the back (depends on the bar... you using the std one?)

yeah I was planning on going with 450lb but then the guy at the suspension place said it would be far too harsh on the street and suggested the 350lb instead.
But now I have the 350's, I feel I could increase to something firmer without the risk of it being too harsh, so I was thinking about giving the 400lb's a go anyway. What I'm most concerned about at the moment is the very limited suspension travel I have in the front. I cut the bump stops in half, but even then I have maybe 3/4 inch travel. I'm going to raise the suspension a little (front & rear), providing those front adjusters don't touch the sidewall of the tyres. They are damn close at the moment

I'm using a 22mm rear bar at the moment, trying to chase down a standard bar which isn't as easy as I thought!

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I've got a VH and i'm running King SSL springs front and rear with matching Bilstein shockers and replaced various bushes running on 234/45/17's.

The ride is fairly hard at street legal speeds but once the speed gets up it absorbs the bumps real well.

I'd definitely recommend a strut brace. I fitted one on my VN and found steering was much improved. When the VN goes the strut brace will find it's way onto the VH.