Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 6 speed - giving real trouble now, anyone else??? :(

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
G'day Benzor.

I'm actually gonna book my baby in soon, I'll get the 30K done while it's there.

Yeah, it's getting pretty crook - every day I get about 2 or 3 occasions where it does just what you describe, although not so much when shifting up now - usually downshifting from third. It's a bummer 'coz unless I concentrate on really making sure it's in gear, in all likelihood it'll pop out. Great when I'm coming up to turn a street corner - when I really have other things to concentrate on than the gearbox! ;)

Anyhow, thanks again guys for the input. :thumbsup:

Cheerz!

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
Let me know how you go. Mine did it 4 times on the 130km trip into work this morning. Not happy :(

You've really gotta hold it to make it stick. Im thinking its a synchro problem..and hoping that a fluid change will sort it.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
this does not sound good benzor and Phreddy. Im hoping mine will not start doing this, praying actually!! Let us know how you go with the service and how it is after would ya.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Will do Mate.

Ummmm - how many kays you got on yours?? Mine began playing up quite early, probably around 6-8 thousand. How 'bout yours benz??

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
mines just had 15000 service, and i havent experienced any of the problems you guys are discussing (hopefully i wont get them!)

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
Phreddy said:
Will do Mate.

Ummmm - how many kays you got on yours?? Mine began playing up quite early, probably around 6-8 thousand. How 'bout yours benz??

Mine's got 35,000k's on it, issue has been there since about 17,000....when I bought the car.

motivator

Reaction score
Just picked up a 05 model S pack ute the other day. Feels like i have the same problem and she only has 200kms on her.

Just dont feel like i have the clutch fully in or something and there is a slight crunch from third to second and first to second. also when i pop me foot on the clutch in firs or second to break, downchange, stop whatever it feels like there is a bit of a clunk coming from under the tray.

Not happy!

ash sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
motivator said:
feels like there is a bit of a clunk coming from under the tray.

Not happy!

I have SV6 man with 25K and until about a month ago I hadnt had a problem with the gearbox, it still shifts nicely doesnt pop out of gear at all but it has started clunking and it sounds like its coming from under the rear passenger seat, I have taken it back to Holden who replaced the front shocks (why the front I dont know), then the drive shaft and its still clunking so they are going to replace the gearbox on Monday!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
benzor said:
Mine's got 35,000k's on it, issue has been there since about 17,000....when I bought the car.

Ok, I'll bite.... If it was there when you bought the car, why did you buy it??? :bang:

Reaper