Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Exhaust - What's It Worth?

C

Chim Chim

Hey Guys, we have two Silver SV6 Commodores as fleet vehicles in our company. My father has had the original exhaust taken off his car and an 2.5 inch aftermarket cat back system put on.

Is the SV6 exhaust any different to that on an Executive? Is it a saleable item and what should we put on it in the Weekend Shopper?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jason

PS: If anyone is interested make us an offer, it's located in Brisbane at Redcliffe or we could bring it into our office at Bowen Hills. PM me for contact details if you wish.

G

GRANT ROBERTSON

Maybe You Should Put It Up For About $600 And See What People Say As Long Is Its Pretty New Ur Kool

steane

Reaction score
Website
www.carupdate.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Maloo 6spd
I doubt it is saleable. Who would buy it? The only engine it fits is the alloytec in a commodore and they all use the same exhaust. The only difference between the SV6 190kw and the 175kw is the intake manifold and variable timing on two rather than four of the cams. Bugger all really.
Maybe the tip of the exhaust is different but that would be about it.
It wont fit any other car.
I'd keep it and when your dad sells his SV6, he can put the original exhaust back on it and sell the aftermarket one which should be fairly easy to do.

C

Chim Chim

Thanks Guys, wasn't sure if it was the same as the exhaust on a standard executive commodore, there's usually no shortage of young guys with execs trying to make them look or sound better with no end of cheap mods. I was actually thinking more along the lines of $200? Might just whack it in the Weekend Shopper and see what we get at that, I think all items under $500 are free anyway?

As for the 2.5 system, I think it was around $350 from Jack Beedhams in Redcliffe. It does sound nice and has given him the desired effect, he also had a set of 18" wheels put on it too :confused: I'm 33 and I thought I was supposed to be the one who mods his car not my old man who's 51? He came out of a 2002 Statesman and into an SV6 to go for something sporty, after 5 years he finally agreed to buying me a company car :D The accountant said flick the Statesmand and seeing you don't want V8's why don't you get 2 SV6's, he likes the idea of 2 matching cars but I think he wanted some individuality so he did his exhaust and wheels to make his look better than mine, I guess when you're the boss you can do that.

Cheers again guys and thanks for the feedback.

Jason