Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sv6, oil smell from aircon

atimicute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS V V8 MY15 Series 1.5
damm, I completely forgot about this, at this stage I have found out nothing, I have told holden and they report that nothing is wrong, and they don't know what the cause could be. It is so intermittent, and almost impossible to recreate as required.
I know it has been awhile but I now get the same smell in my VF CALAIS V V8. I have had 2 VE'S, 1 VE11 and a VF all with the same problem.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Just throwing this out there, does it happen on just fresh air or does it also happen on recirculated air?
FWIW I get some weird traffic smells enter the car at times only when set on outside air.

atimicute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS V V8 MY15 Series 1.5
Just throwing this out there, does it happen on just fresh air or does it also happen on recirculated air?
FWIW I get some weird traffic smells enter the car at times only when set on outside air.
Seems to happen regardless of fresh air or recirculated air. Also my brother in laws ute also has the smell. Only going uphill and only for short periods.

Angryman75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
Old thread I know, but the plastic hose with the foam cover from the back of the engine to the air intake is likely disconnected.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Old thread I know, but the plastic hose with the foam cover from the back of the engine to the air intake is likely disconnected.

That the PCV hose ?