Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 VE Mods/Add-ons for more KW's, what have you done?

Allistaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
f6
If you threw a PD blower on the SIDI v6 even at relatively low boost you would be knocking on the door of 450nm of torque i would say. Theres a place in Texas that modify the Procharged kit made for the Nissan 350 / 370z to fit onto the SIDI motor and they are getting some real good results , unfortunely that kit doenst really solve the 3.6 lack of torque down low because it doesnt make peak HP till about 4200rpm , but that wouldnt really worry me . There is one guy on the US forums thats modifying a Magnacharger PD valley mount supercharger to fit the engine as well but i reakon that blower is to big for the engine in stock form im not sure how good the bottom end is as standard. Im tempted to get a kit because i know the power is there just no support tuning wise in Australia and especially not up here in QLD where unless your engines got atleast 5 litres nobody cares. And all the jap shops run aftermarket EMS none of them seem to bother with the standard system.

MACE

Reaction score
We support remote tuning of these of VE V6's O8-onwards including SIDI's :) The tuning suite is suitable for forced induction as well. The only limitation though would be the MAF, and in the case of the SIDI engines the injectors. In saying this though there are ways around this ;)

Cheers,
Steve

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Thanks for that Steve. So there would be no need to piggy back an ECU for the SIDI? Would I need to purchase a new fuel pump for lets say a CAPA SC kit? Would I need puchase new injectors for a CAPA SC kit and are injectors available? Could you remote tune the SIDI once a SC was fitted?

I read in the latest wheels mag that the 2013 VF 3.6 will get the Bosch Motronic MED9.6.1 ECU. I thought that was already the case in the current SIDI?

Soz many, many questions :)

MACE

Reaction score
Thanks for that Steve. So there would be no need to piggy back an ECU for the SIDI? Would I need to purchase a new fuel pump for lets say a CAPA SC kit? Would I need puchase new injectors for a CAPA SC kit and are injectors available? Could you remote tune the SIDI once a SC was fitted?

I read in the latest wheels mag that the 2013 VF 3.6 will get the Bosch Motronic MED9.6.1 ECU. I thought that was already the case in the current SIDI?

"Thanks for that Steve. So there would be no need to piggy back an ECU for the SIDI?"
Correct :)

"Would I need to purchase a new fuel pump for lets say a CAPA SC kit?"
Low boost setup would be fine

"Would I need puchase new injectors for a CAPA SC kit and are injectors available?"
Low boost setup would be fine, I'm not sure if you can get larger SIDI injectors at the moment (?)

"Could you remote tune the SIDI once a SC was fitted?"
Yes

"I read in the latest wheels mag that the 2013 VF 3.6 will get the Bosch Motronic MED9.6.1 ECU. I thought that was already the case in the current SIDI?"
I'll have to get back to you on that as I couldn't 100%

No need to be sorry respectful questions are always welcomed :)

On another note we may have a prototype stroker kit ready for these engine over the next 3-4 months, if the customer give us the go ahead plus other bits and pieces ;)

Cheers,
Steve

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Thanks for the responses Steve much appreciated. I'll be dropping you a line shortly...cheers. :)

Allistaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
f6
Awesome , stroker kit me likey. Getting a blower would be sick , hell ude sell my motorbike to put a blower on my commodore.

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thats a stroker kit for the sidi I'm guessing? What about the alloytec?

VTProductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA 07
mate if u get a car and u put say an exhaust(not to loud so u wont have issues) headers, an ss induction which covers the pod filter inside, insulators and a tune. this is how far u can go without getting in trouble bcoz cops wont see half of the stuff in ur car open the hood looks dead standard.

i mean if this all up might make ur car 200kws from 180kws ur ar is as fast as an toyota aurion or an sv6 which is 195. my brothers mate has an 200kw sv6 which has an exhaust and induction and his other friend has an aurion also 200kw with no mods if the guy in the sv6 got in **** by the cops it wouldnt be fair really bcoz there the same power

wat u do car is non of these other peoples business u wanted to know about mods there u go

id check how kws a car is allowed to go upto

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
i mean if this all up might make ur car 200kws from 180kws ur ar is as fast as an toyota aurion or an sv6 which is 195. my brothers mate has an 200kw sv6 which has an exhaust and induction and his other friend has an aurion also 200kw with no mods if the guy in the sv6 got in **** by the cops it wouldnt be fair really bcoz there the same power

wat u do car is non of these other peoples business u wanted to know about mods there u go

No. It's not the same thing; having a 200kw standard Aurion is completely legal for a P-Plater; having a modified SV6 is ILLEGAL for a P Plater. Cops enforce the law that is set by government. They will not rationalize with that little story, as the law doesn't say they can. If you're a P-Plater and want to modify your car for more performance, it's illegal - bare the consequences.

As much as adding a supercharger goes, and it costing around 6k, if you sold your car and added 6k you could buy a V8 and have the same rwkw without any problems that come with mods. Obviously it's illegal for a P-Plater to have a V8, but it's just as illegal to have a supercharged SV6. To the OP (seeing you havent bought your car yet), get an SS.