Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swap for vy or keep vx ??? Help

jordan.ronchi

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey everyone so of got my vx up for swaps . It's a 2001 executive with stereo system exhaust rear airbags shift kit .

But my question is is it worth swapping for a vy wagon executive
With exhaust stereo system will be keeping rims off my vx ?

Would like some help what one is better in your terms the vx also has been colour coded so there no black door moulds.
ymapeqa8.jpg
ge2ybere.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore SS 5.7L M6
Well apart from the body they're basically the same car. So whether its worth it is up to you? Is there something about the wagon that makes you like it more than your sedan? Does the wagon have lower kms? Is the wagon in better condition?

If you didn't answer yes to at least two of those then I'd say no, not worth it.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
The VY does have a much nicer interior.

Your VX does lool very nice there man. The vy doesnt look all that great. In my opinion its a side grade not an upgrade and not worth the trouble.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
What's the mileage on both ? , the VY has has a slightly different interior , if were me I'd go for it .

jordan.ronchi

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
We'll mine has 197 the vy has 202.
And the body on the vy is mint condition mine needs abit of work few dints front bar needs respray etc.

And yeah I love the inside of vys . What u guys think ?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
the inside is much like a VZ , with 5000 k difference in mileage thats stuff all , its basically up to you , I ummed and ahhed when I traded my VX for a VZ , back in June last year , no regrets at all , the VZ has a different drive train to the VX , but they are night and day to drive , have you driven the VY yet?? , that will give you more idea of what they are like .

jordan.ronchi

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Only reason I'm looking at wagons is because I'm sick I'm having something with small boot space plus got a kid on the way .

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
if you have a baby on the way , a wagon makes sense , as they take up a lot of room , not baby's there only small , but strollers , copious bags of disposable nappies , spare clothes , ( for you ,and mum too ,as they are poop and spew factories when they a small ) , other bits and pieces for bub's amusement .
Plus , it does not have that look of total tragedy of a people carrier , it still looks good .