Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Swap the aircon and stereo around in dash possible

bluc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz lumina
Thanks for the link I read the thread a while back pitty theres no pictures I will pm the op see if he has a picture still.

bluc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz lumina
What model vz had he pocket up top where the gauges can be put I may be able to mod the pocket to fit a seven inch screen.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Well, my VZ SV6 for example, if i remove the cover up the top where the pocket would be, there is a decent amount of room under there.. i can take a pic if you want with the cover off? Even get some measurements if you really wanted.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Why not use a WK/L dash and retro fit a screen into the digital display above the radio?

Surely if your prepared to go to such lengths a dash swap isn't out of your skillset

bluc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz lumina
Well, my VZ SV6 for example, if i remove the cover up the top where the pocket would be, there is a decent amount of room under there.. i can take a pic if you want with the cover off? Even get some measurements if you really wanted.

Ok will see if I can get my hands on a pocket so i can see what I can do.

bluc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz lumina
Why not use a WK/L dash and retro fit a screen into the digital display above the radio?

Surely if your prepared to go to such lengths a dash swap isn't out of your skillset

Swapping aircon or dash is out of my league but modding a pocket to take a screen may be doable for me. Have done fair bit of work with fibreglass but have done zip of this sort of thing.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto

Cost is a huge factor.. WK/L would probably cost a bit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk