Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

T-robs Black VY SS (247DTF)

t-rob

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VR
Hi guys,
finally got around to posting the newish rig. I bought it in October 2013 for $11400 with 125xxxkm on the clock. i dont think i have any photos of it when i bought it, but it was pretty lebbo (big chrome wheels, chev badges, door handles and trim, rear garnish ect...) although pretty good nick. So i have been working on taking it back to the clean stock look for now. So far i have...
Re-tinted the windows, f... off the chev grill, installed coilovers, New exhaust, gone back to the stock 18s, front bar and rear garnish respray, removed the badges and spoiler, sprayed breakes and engine covers black, HID headlights, short shifter, AEM wideband and oil pressure gauges, bigger radiator (cause the stock one **** itself) and some other **** i cant think of at the moment...

Name: T-rob
Model: 2003 manual VY SS
Colour: Black
Bodykit: SS
Engine Type: LS1
Engine Mods: Tuned
Power: Unknown...
0-400: 14.1 @ 171 km/h
Exhaust: Tri Y headers into twin 2.5" mild steel with 1 xforce muffler at rear
Gearbox: standard 6 speed with short shifter
Diff: standard
Brakes: standard
Suspension: oz racing coilovers
Wheels/Tyres: standard 18" VY SS
Interior: stock
Stereo: stock head unit with twin 1000W 12" subs, all pioneer speakers ran off 2 pioneer 300W amps
Build Period: since october 2013
Future Mods: Cam & diff gears

Last edited:

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Looks nice dude, Have you put a new Light in the rear window like an executive would have? defectable not too once the brake light in your spoiler is gone.

Love the first photo of it. I like the sound of your time, I dunno what to expect I'm going out in a couple of weeks. Is it maf tune?

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
looks very nice man. good work

t-rob

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VR
cheers fellas. The top picture is what it looks like at the moment.

nah i havent done anything about the break lights.. will probably have to get onto it asap.

ow and nah it still has the maff just with a k&N filter. Am going to go with the mafless tune and OTR when i do cam upgrade in the near future.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers fellas. The top picture is what it looks like at the moment.

nah i havent done anything about the break lights.. will probably have to get onto it asap.

ow and nah it still has the maff just with a k&N filter. Am going to go with the mafless tune and OTR when i do cam upgrade in the near future.

One thing you can do which ups the power a fair bit, Get another maf sensor, Take all the guts out of it so its just an open hole, then when its getting tuned and put on the dyno replace it and put that in so its a mafless tune and it had air running straight through it :) Cheaper than otr only about 10kw difference as well

t-rob

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VR
good point! never thought of that.
although i was just planning on knocking up an OTR at work one time. i work with stainless sheet metal everyday lol

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Looks nice dude, Have you put a new Light in the rear window like an executive would have? defectable not too once the brake light in your spoiler is gone.

Love the first photo of it. I like the sound of your time, I dunno what to expect I'm going out in a couple of weeks. Is it maf tune?

The ss's have the bit where they have the 3rd brake light blacked out on the glass , so you would need to replace the back window to a calais one or something

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
The ss's have the bit where they have the 3rd brake light blacked out on the glass , so you would need to replace the back window to a calais one or something

Never noticed that, But i know of 2 different people who have been defected for it before :(

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
good point! never thought of that.
although i was just planning on knocking up an OTR at work one time. i work with stainless sheet metal everyday lol

Look forward to seeing the end result, :) make sure you can get a decent air filter in there :p