Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tail Light Tinting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
And windscreen

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Hey mate, each to their own. He did say he not to bother with negative comments, try keep to yourself next time.
But tbh I know what your saying, I wouldn't do it to mine either.

Thats like posting about a relationship status breakup on facebook and expecting people wont call you and say "are you okay"

The point of this thread is do leds penetrate tints better than normal globes, not about 3 points of brake lights, do most you people read by looking at pictures ?

Simple question but not many could stay on topic...

The point of this thread is ridiculous, any moron in his right mind would be able to take one look at those tail lights and think objectivley.. CLEARLY you bumped your head pretty hard.

Take one more look at them.. they are way too dark champ.. the only thing that will penetrate those tailights is the bullbar on someones 4WD. If you cant work that out for yourself then maybe you should be modifying car's. Speaking of which, have you considered cutting a hole in the bonnet for a pod filter.. better cai..

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
I know a guy with tinted taillights. He got ass raped one night by a Jeep which wrote the car off and gave him muscle spasms in his neck and back.

All his claims TAC and Insurance got thrown out the door when the jeep driver showed the insurance company a photo of his tinted lights.

Then he got sued and had to pay out of his own pocket to fix the jeep. This was 3 years ago. His still on a payment plan.

Is it worth the risk to have homo lights?

SH.00.MA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7L
I think a Chev badge would really suit the car

Now thats just a low blow :(

But, been thinking maybe i should remove it - what would be the go to get em back to stock appearance lots of sanding till the spray is gone and then clearcoat to shine it up and cut and polish !?

Bilby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Beautiful car, except for the wheels and the tail lights.

Bilby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Now thats just a low blow :(

But, been thinking maybe i should remove it - what would be the go to get em back to stock appearance lots of sanding till the spray is gone and then clearcoat to shine it up and cut and polish !?

I think you'll have no choice but to get new tail lights. Anyway, your car will look 50% better, the other 50%, change your wheels.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Why would you want to make modifications to your car that may be illegal. All motorists have an obligation to conform to all legal requirements when driving a motor vehicle on a road. If you are indifferent in regard to tinting your windows with tint that is not legal then why would any other motorist believe that your vehicle is being adequately mechanically maintained and that be concerned that any moment (due to illegal modifications) it may career out of control into the vehicle in front or for that matter any vehicle anywhere. How does anyone know that you will be able to stop in an emergency and collide with other innocent victims simply because you didn't maintain your vehicle by undertaking illegal modifications. As indicated by your indifferent attitude, you do not exhibit any real sense of responsibility to other road users. You deserve to be apprehended and have your vehicle put off the road until it complies with all requirements relating to roadworthiness etc. Remember, driving a motor vehicle ona road is NOT a right it is a responsibility. Grow up and act accordingly your attitude indicates to me that you are still behaving like a spoilt child. wha, whaa, whaaa, whaaaa, whaaaa. :boohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.