Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"TH3KID's" VX - The Perfect Storm

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
hey guys let me know what you think of the front now....

Also, looking at a different tail light set up, over the chrome lights. Here are a few options.
note: With the calais berlina garnish, im thinking both normal vx light or red monaro lights with it.

Does anyone else think that red monaro tail lights would look good combined with the calais/ berlina rear garnish???
Give me your top 3!!!!!!!

ahhhh, dont get me started about tail lights lol, ive been thinking of changing mine for ages... if your gonna go calais/berlina garnish dont put any other lights than the vx ones, i seen a car just the other day with calais garnish and red cv8 tail lights and the clear circles in the lights didnt look right next to the rectangle clear bits on the garnish.. different though, i think you should go with the ones ive got, or just do the full calais garnish and light combo.. just my opinion anyways dude. love your car by the way, them rims are nice, love the front bar too

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
yeah i know what u mean 666vt, funny tho coz that was probably my first preference, but yea i get what u say about the circle and rectangle. If i was gonna do black tail lights, id probably pick number 5 in the tail light images above, coz im not sure about the leds and like i said im over the chrome bits. and that way they would match the head lights, only problem is whether those black tails would suit the colour of my car. Opinions?

Edit: Also like the dark red tails, dont know what they are off, is it a GTO light, or different Monaro?

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Here is a calais with my colour...

Attachments

• 4813794.jpg
    4813794.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 237

VT SERIES II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
I have the last set of tail lights on my car.
I reckon keep your vx lights in if your going with the calis garnish...looks wanky with anything else....

like vt garnish with after market lights :bang:

I love the front bar...I wanted one of those 4 ages - they look super kewl ;)

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
yeah thanks man, ive found myself making up reasons to drive my car everywhere today! Im real happy with it now! Might try and flog my chrome tail lights to my brother, he has a white VX S and stick with the originals, then see what happens.

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
I would go with either the standard VX lights with the calais garnish or the CV8-R tail lights. I have the CV8-R lights on my car, and i love them. In my opinion the other altezza lights look cheap and half done, and every hack has them, but thats just my opinion.

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Post up a a pic of the CV8R lights is you dont mind k_i_p...
Straight from behind to car, might do a photoshop job on them.

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
nice work pal, they look alright ey? I thinks is gonna be out of them and the black ones without chrome!

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
If i put my old original bumper on ebay with the headlights, what would anyone suggest i ask for them, they are both in great condition, headlights especially. Dont nessesarily have to sell together. Any thoughts???