Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

thanks heaps

smp009

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore s2 3.8
well,i am a new member,and i myself am not very mechanically minded,but to be honest i to have searched older posts to see if my questions have been asked/answerd before.and i myself have the greatest appreciation to those who are willing to help us who need it out. much gratatude to all.
and i gave some advice on here about ten minutes before i wrote this,and all it was about was helping a person save a few dollars on parts and advising him on what his rods on each end of his sway bar where called( link rods) and i feel great when i can help ppl out like that.,anyways enough ranting on about how awsome you guys are. back to research .

fuel_within

Chief Executive
Reaction score
Members Ride
CUSTOM VS
It's good to see the owners having a go at modifying/maintaining their cars themselves. Keeping in mind you do it safely and use the right equipment and tools for the right job. It's better to ask a question if you're unsure about something than to take the risk and lose a limb, so to speak.

So, hats off to the guys and girls who have a go.

Swathe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V6 Supercharged
I've hardly ever posted on here but have done loads of research and troubleshooting by searching these forums, it's just "the place to go" if you need some technical advice and own a commodore.

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
I too would like to say thanks for information and tips I've managed to get by reading through old posts and new posts. High five for all the contributing members!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
Hey guys have a vr commodore sure its in the key they could not get codes of it says their is fault how do I get the the bcm code with out takeing car to Holden . Cheers

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hey guys have a vr commodore sure its in the key they could not get codes of it says their is fault how do I get the the bcm code with out takeing car to Holden . Cheers

I would like to say thanks heaps for posting a totally irrelevant question in an old as hell thread.

Ps. VR/S is the 90's VL. They should all be crushed.

Braggy-vr-ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
G'day fellas, I'm also a newbie here but the info I've gleaned from here has proved invaluable. Me poor old VR ute has been neglected for years (besides 10,000 k oil changes), used and abused by me kids and generally run into the ground. First I started on the engine. New plugs and leads, clean IAC valve, check PCV valve so that's all good. Next relaced all vacuum lines, pulled heater control apart, found demister function was blocked with that white grease, cleaned that up, now everything works as it should. So far, engine performance has improved outta sight and it uses way less fuel. Rear brakes were acting up , so I cleaned them up and got the handbrake working again as well. (Still gotta whine in the diff tho, it may be axle bearings, i'll change them first). Replaced centre bearing and uni's on tailshaft. New wiper assembly and windscreen, got tonneau cover repaired. Tracked down rattles in the dash and stopped those noisy little buggers (and fitted a new rock box) Oh, and don't forget the roof liner. Pulled that out, washed the liner and glued it back into place. Right now, I'm giving the cooling system a good flush out, then i'll be onto the tie rod ends. Needs a wheel alignment and new tread and that's about it. A lot of the info I used was gleaned from this site and the further I got into it, the better it's turned out to be. So a shout-out to the commodore fanatics who make this site possible with your knowledge and willingness to share it. I spent probably $600 on the ute so far and $350 of that was on the w/screen and tonneau cover, the rest on PARTS, not someone elses labour. The money spent is way cheaper than buying a newer ute. If I spend another grand on it, she'll be around for another 21 years. Gave it a hand cut'n'polish as well, and a good waxing. Nice and shiny now too. That's it for now, take care and happy motoring, Best regards, Braggy.