Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The All New Statesman

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Ladies an gentleman, I'd like to give you....

The statesman
7States_leadimage.jpg

zoom-image.asp

zoom-image.asp

zoom-image.asp

Having given Cadillac a shot in the arm with lots of new models, now General Motors is turning its attention to Buick, with a multi-year effort to replace Buick's entire lineup of cars. First was the 2005 Buick LaCrosse, which replaced the Buick Century. Next will be the 2006 Buick Lucerne, a stylish replacement for the Buick LeSabre.

Buick has not yet shown the third new sedan, but these latest spy photos, taken inAustralia, give the first glimpse of the all-new rear-wheel-drive full-size sedan which will be Buick's new top-of-the-line model, and will replace the Buick Park Avenue for the 2008 model year. One possibility for a name, used by Buick on concepts before, is Lausanne.

This new sedan will be a premium model, once again raising the level of luxury and performance beyond that of the model it replaces. A V-8 engine is expected, of about 5.7 liters of displacement. The fact that it was caught under test in Australia is no fluke. The new Buick is being developed jointly by GM and GM's Australian car division, Holden. In fact, Holden will not only share in the design of this as-yet-unnamed Buick, but Holden will build it in Australia as well, and GM will import it to the U.S.

The prototypes reveal a very rounded roofline with steeply slanted windshield and rear window. At the front are big headlight clusters with small-diameter high-intensity headlights along with turn signals and parking lights that result in a two by two matrix of lights behind a large clear cover - covered with tape for disguise on the prototypes. The rear taillight cluster is also large, and has multiple round lights. A few luxury touches include parking sensors in both the front and rear bumpers, and lights in the lower portion of the side mirrors.

The grille of the black prototype is disguised with lots of black tape, but looking closely at the white car shows details of the grille design. A bold ring of chrome surrounds the grille opening, plus four horizontal bars crossing the grille are also trimmed with chrome at the front edge of each bar. At the grille's center is a large chrome Buick emblem. There's plenty of bright chrome to put "bling" into the grille of this top-of-the-line cruiser. The rear end carries on a Buick design tradition, with a horizontal chrome bar across the trunk lid, just above the license plate, with raised letters spelling out Buick. The chrome bar is covered with black tape on the prototypes, but a close-up photo not shown here clearly shows the Buick name under the tape.

Enjoy!

Cheers
MaT:king:

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Very nice. Whats with all the wires near the mirror?

pumba

OMR346
Reaction score
Website
www.mh-performance.com
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
so how do ya no this is the new statesman? although it looks like it could be, theres nothin here to say it could be or is the new stato... also, it says its gonna hae a 5.7Ltr, but holden isnt using the 5.7Ltr's anymore coz of that uero3 emissions crap or whatever its called lol.

none the less, if it is the new statesman, the design is startin to look futuristic in my opinion lol. i dont mind it aye. it would look phat as dumped on its guts with a set of BIG chromies :D

it would be interestin to see how ford go with bringin out its compatition ;).

and ya gotta love the new spot they picked for the spare tyre :p (look at third pic)

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
The new Buick is being developed jointly by GM and GM's Australian car division, Holden. In fact, Holden will not only share in the design of this as-yet-unnamed Buick, but Holden will build it in Australia as well, and GM will import it to the U.S.

Buick has not yet shown the third new sedan, but these latest spy photos, taken inAustralia, give the first glimpse of the all-new rear-wheel-drive full-size sedan which will be Buick's new top-of-the-line model, and will replace the Buick Park Avenue for the 2008 model year. One possibility for a name, used by Buick on concepts before, is Lausanne.

Cheers
MaT

F

foammedia

No point in Holden building a buick and driving it around Australia unless it's a rebadged statesman :) for sure it's the statesman

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
**shudders, i hope the real thing looks better than the CG images that r going round, looks too european

K

Killafish

Thats not the new statesman...

that photo was around in 2004 from testing in the Northern Territory. Everyone thought it was the new statesman then, buick china confirmed it was a FWD sedan for the chinese market (royaum?).

Check the Wheels mag, 2004, with the Charger 49 R/T, Skyline GTR and F6 Typhoon on the cover.. its in that I believe.. sorry forgotten which issue number.

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Ripcell said:
**shudders, i hope the real thing looks better than the CG images that r going round, looks too european
Amen to that.
But i dont think that they have the cg images as close as they would like to think.
There are several things that the VE (spy shots that have been going around of the test cars) have that the cg images got wrong such as the shape of the side windows which seem to be much curvier than the cg and the line from the front of the wheel arch to the back where it meets the boot line is square and on the real thing there is no line it flows much better than the cg so hopefully they statesman is different, and if the pics we are seeing are of the statesman,then i would say that they got it pretty wrong aswell things such as headlights nad again the side windows and i know these may only seem like small things they may be the things which decide whether it looks good or not.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
That car seems to have a ton of weight in the boot. Either that or the "boat" look is in!

Reaper

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Reaper said:
That car seems to have a ton of weight in the boot. Either that or the "boat" look is in!

Reaper

have a look inside. there are tyres on every seat, so im guessing the boot was full