Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the best speakers

Beav

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr commodore
What about fosgate

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

Beav

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr commodore
I run poineer. Never had fosgate, I heard there really nice sound

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I run poineer. Never had fosgate, I heard there really nice sound

I'm sure they sound OK but you could get much better for the price.

I had some entry level Pioneer splits for my first speakers, bloody good for the price. Most of the Pioneer entry range is well priced.

appi11

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
so of those saying the Focal Kit 7s are the best, how many have actually heard them I wonder?

I am very familiar with them have have spent a good amount of time tuning them both with the crossblock and active. while i agree they are a good set of speakers, I must say they certainly aren't the single best set of speakers ever. They do have their limitations. But i guess for the person that just wants a set that works well out of the box they are one of the better ones out there.

the best set of speakers are the ones that suit your installation and tuning requirements IMO. There isnt one set of speakers that will work best in all installs.
I personally use all DIY gear that way I can mix and match the drivers to suit my needs and have had proven results with that way ;)
I work out where I want to put the speakers, what frequency range I want them to play and then find the most suitable driver. There is no such thing as a one size fits all, otherwise wouldn't all SQ competitors be running Kit 7s??

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I bought some Soundstream SPC.6T 6in components, now they are hardly the best speakers you can get, but I and extremely impressed with them. They just have those tiny in line cross overs, but at $200 not bad at all.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
so of those saying the Focal Kit 7s are the best, how many have actually heard them I wonder?

I am very familiar with them have have spent a good amount of time tuning them both with the crossblock and active. while i agree they are a good set of speakers, I must say they certainly aren't the single best set of speakers ever. They do have their limitations. But i guess for the person that just wants a set that works well out of the box they are one of the better ones out there.

the best set of speakers are the ones that suit your installation and tuning requirements IMO. There isnt one set of speakers that will work best in all installs.
I personally use all DIY gear that way I can mix and match the drivers to suit my needs and have had proven results with that way ;)
I work out where I want to put the speakers, what frequency range I want them to play and then find the most suitable driver. There is no such thing as a one size fits all, otherwise wouldn't all SQ competitors be running Kit 7s??

You must admit though, most on here don't have the knowledge or expertise to mix and match components and tune. The recommendation of the Kit 7's was more a piss take than anything else. Most people crap their pants at the price of them. And yes I have heard them incar:)