Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The complete Vn-Vr Manual Conversion Guide.

bigsmookingturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
just a quick question i have fitted a vp engine and manual gearbox into a vr ute all the nuts and bolts part is done. i used the vp manual loom and ecu and is all in place and conected up apart from the white plug shown in your first picc, there seem to be several differnt coloured wires in there i see you cut and join in the speedo wire do you not plug the two white plugs back together male and female as it was pluged in in the vr ???. with this unpluged i sorted the inhibiter switch and the car cranks over but will not start. do the 2 white plugs just plug together as in the vr ?? i have looked at the wires and they are different colours so have not pluggged them in as yet due to the colour difference. any help would be very handy as this is the only thing left to do. many thanks mark

nzDanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Exec 5 speed
Awesome Guide mate! Helped me alot converting over my Vs to 5spd, Thanks again!

fonzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
okayy. im doing this conversion in my vs. will it work the same as the vr to make the speed sensor work?

TravDawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
hey man.. are you going to finish this guide.. cause over the next few weeks i will be installing the T5 in my ute..
:)
and ill be using this guide :)

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
okayy. im doing this conversion in my vs. will it work the same as the vr to make the speed sensor work?

The speed sensor will work the same way for the dash, but to get it running properly, short of getting a vs t5 manual ecu & loom, you will need an auto pcm that have the full circuitry and components to be able to read the VSS (vehicle speed sensor), RF police & l67 super PCM's are the ones you want as they have full components inside to run a manual VSS, then all you need is a custom memcal/tune ( a few people here can do them). In my opinion this is cheaper/easier than sourcing a manual ecu and changing over the wiring loom aswell.

chrisdoesitbetter

| → ³8°º™ ← |
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8L
Very nice write up guys, gave you rep haydz as this will help a tonne of people. there is alot of conflicting answers though, as everyone has different experiences with their conversions. i guess you will iron out the creases in your final copy.

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
lol, final copy? You realise we havent touched that first post since 2008 :p

I blame haydz, after all its his post :)

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
so question, can i use the auto crossmember with a t5 manual? as one bloke above said

lildavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vg ute
this is a good write up i was told you need a manule motor cause the auto is differnt :s