Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
not cloth masks like you see people wearing at the shops,
I’ve seen plenty of people wearing masks that are absolutely filthy, and wondered what we are actually protecting ourselves from, a Covid Virus or God knows what else those germ invested masks may contain after they have been handled all day long day after day, and then to be worn into public conveniences or pubs and restaurants for that matter, where they are no doubt removed whilst the person sits on the toilet shxting their brains out, then to be brought back into a the main drinking or dining room where they are then placed on the table next to your chicken parmigiana!
Yes it begs the question. What are we really protecting ourselves from?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I’ve capitalised the word “with” because I feel this kind of reporting doesn’t give a clear indication of whether these people died directly as a result of catching the virus with no other pre existing medical conditions, or whether they died from some other cause but had also contracted Covid before dying.
That viewpoint is like saying someone didn’t kill a pedestrian with their car because they had leukaemia and would have died anyway…

But for COVID, even very sick people would still be alive, possibly for a long time… So it’s not wrong to include them in the COVID tally even if they have some comorbidity. Otherwise who else do we exclude, anyone over 80? 60? 30? Where does the line get drawn?… Such is a slippery slope to a less caring world :confused:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I heard a news report today regarding today’s Covid figures. The reporter said in Victoria there were 1,343 new local cases of Covid 19 with a further 10 people dying WITH the virus.
I’ve capitalised the word “with” because I feel this kind of reporting doesn’t give a clear indication of whether these people died directly as a result of catching the virus

I ain't lerd, but sumone changed the saying of 'FROM' to 'WITH' cos uv the reeson you wrote, a few munths back then.
It was supposed to stop people picnicing panikinn getting **** scared.
Ring Dan and tell him to tell your top Dr. invent a newer word.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
That viewpoint is like saying someone didn’t kill a pedestrian with their car because they had leukaemia and would have died anyway…

But for COVID, even very sick people would still be alive, possibly for a long time… So it’s not wrong to include them in the COVID tally even if they have some comorbidity. Otherwise who else do we exclude, anyone over 80? 60? 30? Where does the line get drawn?… Such is a slippery slope to a less caring world :confused:
Yes I do understand your reasoning, and believe me I do care.
I just think that this type of reporting on Covid matters is somewhat divisive.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
A coronial process can take 4-12 weeks to complete. "Died with" was supposed to bring some level of transparency to reporting which happens shortly after death but well before cause can be exactly determined. Unfortunately it's just created more confusion, reduced transparency and fuelled conspiracy cats. I guess the big question is will it be remediated after the fact?

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I’ve seen plenty of people wearing masks that are absolutely filthy, and wondered what we are actually protecting ourselves from, a Covid Virus or God knows what else those germ invested masks may contain after they have been handled all day long day after day, and then to be worn into public conveniences or pubs and restaurants for that matter, where they are no doubt removed whilst the person sits on the toilet shxting their brains out, then to be brought back into a the main drinking or dining room where they are then placed on the table next to your chicken parmigiana!
Yes it begs the question. What are we really protecting ourselves from?

When we had mandatory mask wearing (with some travel restrictions) in my city, I had to visit officeworks and needed some customer service assistance, the woman in the store was wearing one of those cloth masks, which she had to wear for the entire day (8 hours shift) she was having a lot of difficulty communicating, she mentioned how debilitating it was having to wear a mask all day, she was also having trouble breathing and had to regularly lift it off her face because she felt like she was going to faint....probably due to low oxygen and high carbon dioxide.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Do you guys actually understand how a mask works in preventing transmission. Doesn't matter how clean they are.

I saw an analogy a while ago, could have even been in the pic of the day thread on mask wearing.

I guy pissed on another guys leg, he got piss on his leg. Then the guy that got pissed on, put on a pair of pants and got pissed on again. The pants offered some protection, but he still got piss on his leg. Then the guy that was doing the pissing put on a pair of pants and tried to piss on the other guys leg. The pants prevented the piss from getting on the other guys leg so he remained dry.

Wear a mask to PREVENT TRANSMISSION, not to prevent infection.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It's also apparent many don't understand that lack of oxygen and increased CO2 won't leave you feeling faint. It's called hypoxia and people who experience it are unaware. Feeling faint is more likely a psychosomatic side effect of listening to drivel that's been debunked and destroyed a million ways from Sunday by people in their own home with basic equipment. Much like Syncope people experience from a needle or other medical procedures

I don't understand why contrarians can't just say they don't want to wear a mask. I know I'd respect that more than the attempt to devolve scientific endeavour

Last edited:

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Do you guys actually understand how a mask works in preventing transmission. Doesn't matter how clean they are.

I saw an analogy a while ago, could have even been in the pic of the day thread on mask wearing.

I guy pissed on another guys leg, he got piss on his leg. Then the guy that got pissed on, put on a pair of pants and got pissed on again. The pants offered some protection, but he still got piss on his leg. Then the guy that was doing the pissing put on a pair of pants and tried to piss on the other guys leg. The pants prevented the piss from getting on the other guys leg so he remained dry.

Wear a mask to PREVENT TRANSMISSION, not to prevent infection.

That is a piss poor analogy, bro.

I do believe your last sentence is a contradiction in terms.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
It's also apparent many don't understand that lack of oxygen and increased CO2 won't leave you feeling faint. It's called hypoxia and people who have it rarely know they do. Feeling faint is more likely a psychosomatic side effect of listening to drivel that's been debunked and destroyed a million ways from Sunday by people in their own home with basic equipment

I don't understand why contrarians can't just say they don't want to wear a mask. I know I'd respect that more than the attempt to devolve scientific endeavour

It's highly possible you've been breathing in too much Pollushon.....resulting in low oxygen levels reaching your brain cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.