Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The next Xbox could hit retailer shelves as early as fall 2013

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
For me...The PS3 is a better console, ie. The user interface and Blu Ray player make it superior to the 360. But the 360 has a far better lineup of exclusive games and I prefer the 360 controller to the PS3 one.

Lucky I live in a house which has both consoles and 2 50" TV's :)

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
If I were Microsoft, I wouldn't advertise that it's 20% more powerful than Nintendo's newest console, since xBox and the Wii are **** anyway. and my laptop is ore powerful than the "xbox 720" and my laptop is a piece of **** anyway.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Theres another rumor going around with the XBOX720 being unable to play used/second hand games (including borrowing off mates), I have about 25 ps3 games and only 4 of them were bought new by me, new or second hand its all the same to me the bluray discs are very tough, disabling second hand games would be a big turn off for allot of people who complete games quickly and trade them in etc. I think releasing first is a smart move, sony did it and won with ps2, microsoft won with the 360, they may get a very big foothold if they launch very early and its proven to be a big step up in specs.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Theres another rumor going around with the XBOX720 being unable to play used/second hand games (including borrowing off mates), I have about 25 ps3 games and only 4 of them were bought new by me, new or second hand its all the same to me the bluray discs are very tough, disabling second hand games would be a big turn off for allot of people who complete games quickly and trade them in etc. I think releasing first is a smart move, sony did it and won with ps2, microsoft won with the 360, they may get a very big foothold if they launch very early and its proven to be a big step up in specs.

Publishers are pushing big time for this to happen. As it stands now, they get zero money from resale and its all on the retailer - which I think is fair enough, sometimes the second hand game market is a bit risk and reward.

The thing is, everyone is making a huge deal out of it, but its already around. The PC gaming world has had it for years in the form of serial numbers and the console world is slowly catching on with the online parts of games being available when you use a code.

Second hand games are going to die, im really surprised they haven't announced digital distribution of games for the next gen, because thats where we are heading. Things such as Steam have already laid the groundwork - as much as I ####ing despise Steam and even moreso EA's Origin network.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
as grennan has said it has already started to catch on.

prime example is BF3.
for online you are given a code when you buy the game.
if you buy it 2nd hand this code cannot be used but its about $20 to get a new code.

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL

Sounds like something apple would think of.

I buy tons of pre-owned games, look before you buy and make sure they have a return policy.

Keeping the wheel rolloing here, Im a PS3 man.

Mainly because Im a Sony man, and PS3 are the only ones that published the Killzone series.

Also Skyrim is awsome.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
ps3, xbox.. same **** different smell meh

they both have their strengths and weaknesses

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
It's a bad move not waiting for the new PS4. Sony will come and stomp on this thing if it get released first, just like the 360.

That's pretty much what Microsoft did with the original Xbox. They waited I believe it was 1 year? Either way they outspec'd the Ps2... maybe it's time for a reversal?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Sony tried digital distribution only with the pspgo and it was a total flop, I understand where you are coming from as a pc gamer and serial keys's etc but they are personal computers. But allot of console owners don't want Hard drives full of games that they can never physically own and like to take games to peoples houses, swap with mates and trade in and stuff like that, we will see how this pans out as physical sales totally kill digital sales as it stands now and the big 2 know that, it could create a backlash even if both companies do it.