Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The only GOOD VE picture

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
This picture is what you want in your head as to what the VE is going to look like. The others dont show it very well and most make it look ugly. This is a good photo of it and it is a really nice looking car. The statesman is fairly similar to this as well but slightly different lights and of course longer wheel base.

Attachments

• ve proper.jpg
    ve proper.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 728

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
What makes a Commodore look like a Commodore? What makes a Falcon look like a Falcon? Every car maker copy each others design elements, so it can only be a good thing. When the BA came out, a common comment made was that it looked like a Commodore...

Holden couldn't have come out with a new model that look exactly like the VY/VZ. True it carries over some design elements from the previous two models, but we all knew this was going to happen. Its their way of easing the public into the new design. And its not all down to looks either, its the way the thing drives too, its dynamics, etc... Its just annoys me that people keep jumping to conclusions from the distorted photos we have seen already.

VN Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5 spd/VR Calais daily driver
Charg'd said:
hate to say ot but it looks like a falcon

That's the first thing I thought when I saw it. Especially the back end of it. I think the new falcons look nice though.

D

dugite57

It looks pretty good to me. I do not think it looks anything like a "pastie" BA/AU (which is not a bad form, just poorly implemented in AU with the rediculously high ride height and shocking base model dash). There's tones of many europeans there, but with a muscle look that may be due to the setback cabin, flred guards or something. Regardless, I'm pleasantly surprised, and hope it looks as good in the flesh. On a footnote, looks are subjective and to each his own.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i reckon it looks heaps tuff. love the roof line on it almost monaro like

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
fourstar82 said:
What makes a Commodore look like a Commodore? What makes a Falcon look like a Falcon? Every car maker copy each others design elements, so it can only be a good thing. When the BA came out, a common comment made was that it looked like a Commodore...

Holden couldn't have come out with a new model that look exactly like the VY/VZ. True it carries over some design elements from the previous two models, but we all knew this was going to happen. Its their way of easing the public into the new design. And its not all down to looks either, its the way the thing drives too, its dynamics, etc... Its just annoys me that people keep jumping to conclusions from the distorted photos we have seen already.

That actually is a VE unlike many that are being thrown around. It does look a bit like a falcon at first glance but if you look at it a bit longer you can see it is very diferent. The front axel is close to the front of the car (BMW like) and the flared guards make is look fairly different from the falcon and the old model Commodore. The reaction from Production workers is that it is a very nice looking car, which is unusual reaction when a new model comes out. So I'm expecting that it should be a god seller.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Yes I know it is an actual photo of the VE but it sill isn't clear enough to make an educated guess as to what it exactly looks like. My point was that car makers borrow each others designs and put them in their own models. I do agree that there is some Falcon influence in the VE, but I also see alot of Audi and BMW influence in it as well. Interior shots I have seen have been reminisent of Mercedes.