Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The only Monaro I could afford

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
When rolling shells are going for $10,000, and there are Monaro's on places like Carsales.com and Carpoint going for anywhere between $25,000 and a massive $125,000 for a genuine Bathurst Monaro, that car isn't bad at all.

Anyone who has hung around people involved in the classic car or vintage car movement will know that something like a rusty pile of little bits and a bare chassis sitting on a trailer is a challenge to be eagerly met...one in particular I recall from Restored Cars magazine some years back was a mid-1920's Rugby tourer which was a chassis and a firewall cowl panel in the scrub...that was it...and it ended up a show winner that looked like it was built yesterday.

That Monaro is easily salvageable...depends how dedicated you are.

Let's hope someone saves it!:thumbsup:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Found the First V2 Monaro S/N L789995 21/11/01 Monaro V2 SII L959133 18/12/02 and Monaro V2 SIII L167584 18/9/03.

Any Monaro drivers out there with one of the lucky numbers?

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
looks like someones had a go at rebuilding it, then gave up. theres another beside it i think. do you actually know where this is?

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
If i had the money id rebuild it and leave a few bullet holes on the rear pannel. Would go towards the history.
Id fill them with some sort of 2 pack clear resin stuff

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
looks like someones had a go at rebuilding it, then gave up. theres another beside it i think. do you actually know where this is?

If only I remember.... I found it on the net one night but cant get back to them.. Bugger it.:cry: