Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

~ The V.Z.C ~

Brad87_VZCAL8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 5.7
They look really tidy don't they! I am considering getting a DUS, extractors and MAFLESS for my first engine upgrades as car is basically stock. Had my 05 VZ Calais for a few weeks now. Lovin' it. Same interior as yours. Beautiful condition except for the odd paint chip and a scratch/rub on the front left of the bumper.

I'm not so adept at doing mods myself though, so it will cost a bit more coin for all these :)

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Yea the OTR really suits it now. In regards to mods I'm sure you'll work it out.

Archie1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport
Hi Munz,

I'm contemplating an exhaust similar to yours (without the Sureflow merge). How do you find it with the hot dog front?

Interested in your thoughts.

regards

Archie

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Archie,

When I changed from the old difilippo 2.5in (pre cam) to the manta I could definitely tell it had a much deeper note on idle and cruise. Although I think it wasn't much louder than the 2.5 but that soon changed when I had the cam installed. It does have a little raspyness from being stainless but you get used to it and best of all there is no drone whatso ever

The H pipe that comes with the Manta will make your car have more of a boom-boom sound over the sureflo merge and with hotdogs attached the system should be a liitle cheaper too.

Last edited:

Archie1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport
Thanks Munz - I went the hotdogs after your advice and don't regret it.

I love the note and the fact that there is no drone. It makes the car that much more enjoyable. I can imagine what that thing of yours must sound like now.

All the best.

:beer chug:

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
Few pics from the cruise on the weekend