Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things That Leave you Gobsmacked (In A Good Way)

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I expected better from you, had it been @hademall on the other hand. :p
The mention of dirty bird would put me right off eating chicken, as would the mention of Kathy Bates and her ‘hobbling’ of James Caan in the movie ‘Misery’ She also called him ‘Dirty Bird’:)

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
https://www.tiktok.com/video/7089502277479763243
Thanks to Jordan (formerly of Axis of Awesome) we now sing the bumblebee song whenever we get dirty bird.
Ok, I have heard the song. It works on my phone but soon as I click on your link on my laptop it takes me to another video and not the one you posted. However, if I click on the link I posted in replying to you it works, weird.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You have the oddest spending/priorities :D

Us men just hate shopping (yes I’m generalising). I’m on team Losh as well, I could have a million dollars in the bank but if I can spend an hour fixing something that costs $20 so I don’t have to spend half an hour at the shops then it’s an hour well spent!
Hahaha, yes this is true. If I can spend just $5 on a jacket that does the job, then that means $25 or whatever dollars to spend on something that brings me enjoyment. I'd quite happily buy all my clothes from an op shop, so as long as they fit. This leaves money in the kitty for "boys toys". Although I think you can probably relate to the latter NORTI.

Sounds like JD 2.0 thinks along the same lines?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Far out I love my almost 20 year old Stihl leaf blower. I have had the same 95 or 98 petrol in the tank for probably 12 months and it still starts like a breeze, it idles perfectly too and it only gets pulled out once a month or thereabouts.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Us men just hate shopping (yes I’m generalising). I’m on team Losh as well, I could have a million dollars in the bank but if I can spend an hour fixing something that costs $20 so I don’t have to spend half an hour at the shops then it’s an hour well spent!
It’s also more sustainable and personally rewarding. It’s good fun.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I was today years old when I realised that in SpongeBob SquarePants, MrCrabs’ Crabbie Pattie Crabbie Patties are made from Plankton. MrCrabs doesn’t just want Plankton from Chumbucket to find out for business reasons. He is actually kind and doesn’t want him to eat his own kind. Now I see how much the stories revolve around that and it makes much more sense.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I was today years old when I realised that in SpongeBob SquarePants, MrCrabs’ Crabbie Pattie Crabbie Patties are made from Plankton. MrCrabs doesn’t just want Plankton from Chumbucket to find out for business reasons. He is actually kind and doesn’t want him to eat his own kind. Now I see how much the stories revolve around that and it makes much more sense.
This was discussed on radio the other day as well. SpongeBob generation have become adults and it shows :D

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Never knew that one until you just said it. Also didn’t realise until a couple of years ago that it’s set in Bikini Atoll, where the US did its nuclear weapons testing, hence Bikini Bottom. Also Stephen Hillenberg (the creator of the show) is a marine scientist.

Also May the fourth be with you!