Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things That Leave you Gobsmacked (In A Good Way)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I thought of this as well. Plus we use the basketball locker interview quotes still frequently :D
Elliot has a tiny problem

110%

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just checked the forecast for 7am-8am tomorrow morning. It should be about 12deg. That's pretty good for riding to work weather. Looks like I won't freeze and end up with white knuckles and I won't need to put on coveralls to help keep me warm. :) :)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Saw all sorts of birds coming at us near our house. We go around the corner and there’s an Eagle cruising really low. And there’s our magpie family (when the other neighbouring magpie group took off) having a go at it! So proud of them.

One of their young was taken by an eagle earlier in the year. A neighbour saw it happen. I’d like to think they weren’t going to take it this time. Working as a group to fend off an enemy.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
My Oma and Opa hid allied pilots in their attic. My Opa was a senior member of the Dutch underground.

He hid in the river for 3 days from the SS. He nearly died.

My Oma told a story of how she came round into their street one day. My Aunty in the pram. She looked down to their house and saw a heap of SS out the front. She had to stay calm and start fussing with my Aunty in the pram, making it look inconspicuously normal for her to then turn around and walk the other way. It turned out it was my Opa who had scored a heap of SS uniforms. They had been wearing them in the open and she got so angry at him for being too confident and hanging around the house.

I would have had another uncle had the SS not hit my Oma in the stomach with the rifle but.

It has been said my Opa was on first name terms with Eisenhower. He spoke of that to my uncle.

Also when we went to the UK we stayed at a farm near Midsomer SE of Bristol. It had very clear damage to buildings that had been repaired.

My wife’s English Grandmother was telling us how they would watch the dog fights over their farm. Her mum would get them inside and they’d sneak out again. She said how bullet casings would fall from the sky.

Nowhere near the same ( Shite / bad people need to rise before good people rise!!!
My Pa ( mothers father), served in 1st world war = older / volatility recruit, guessing 1915 and already 30 at time of entry/service. He was gassed . guessing not serious ( as lived to 85 ) , thankfully = otherwise my mother wouldn't be around, let alone me.
I remember being in the garden/gardening and under the house with him.
He was 85 when passed away and I was 8!!!

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Got and installed a solar powered sensor floodlight for the G'ma as she wanted something for the entryway.
Wasn't expecting too much from it honestly.

Saw it tonight in action.
It was like daylight!
No missing the step or not being able to find the lock with keys anymore.

Pleasantly surprised in its brightness and coverage.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Got a link to the light? I installed one on the front of the shed and it was pretty pathetic.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
200w.gif