Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking of buy a VS Calais First Car

cufc

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Hey everyone, I think I have decided that I will get a VS Calais for my first car while I'm on my Ps. I've got my eye on two, both are in great condition, one is white over silver series 2 and has done 230 XXX kms. Other one is maroon over silver but has done less ks (185 thousand). From what I've heard the condition for both are very similar and close to perfect. Not sure which to go for, I like the white over silver colour and it would look very nice lowered with a nice set of wheels. The maroon over silver is probably not for everyone, I don't mind it. I think it has potential to look very nice with the right wheels and once lowered. What are peoples opinion on the maroon over silver colour for the calais? This is also a series 1 so does not have the woodgrain interior. Would like some opinions on what you think and if anyone has any example of some nice VS calais' (maroon over silver) that I can see photos of.

Cheers

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
I can get a silver vs s2 calais for $600 ono in good condition good paint vy wheels tints Nothing wrong with it just un reg. I wouldent spend more than $2000 with rego. I would go a white over silver. Get some ssv wheels it will look awsome. Look under the vr/vs part under my ride.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
A decent Calais is going to be more than $2000 don't buy unless it has a RWC!!
I can not stress that enough!

But series 2 look heaps better lol

cufc

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
The ones I'm looking at I can get for 3.5-3.7k, theres no way you can get it for $600. Should I just ask the people selling if the car has a RWC? Yeah I quite like the series 2 with the woodgrain interior, outside looks the same. I quite like the maroon over silver, I reckon it would look very nice. If anyone has one or knows someone please let me know what you think of the colour and how it looks when done up a little.

What performance mods could i do as a P plater to make it drive better?

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah serious. It has foggies wood grain half leather and velour 97 model. I think for the price asking for a rwc is bs. I told a mate about it he is buying it we will talk him down to $400 $500. Its in a front yard with a sighn on it.

cufc

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
I'm pretty sure they both have ecotec engines? Thats a steal then, get it before someone else does

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
I am not too keen on a vs i am building a xw falcon and i would rather spend the money on that and the back yards full... Vn vp vr have buick V6 and vs vt vx vy have ecotec.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
Yep, there both ecotecs, and the you should ask for a RWC, don't know about other states but in vic you can't get it changed into your name.
So first ask if it has a RWC, if they say it's close ask for proof.

A lot of sellers are full of **** when they say close to RWC, you don't want a car sitting there because you can't insure it now do you?

cufc

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
I don't think we have RWC here in SA