Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

this vx?

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
I am really sorry for bugging everyone by posting pottential cars for me to buy,
but what do you all think of this VX?

Personally I think it looks fairly promising except for 300k on the clock which concerns me as I would like this car to last through the duration of my p's. How much life do you reckon it has left assuming it hasn't been thrashed? I think it's worth the money depending on how much life the motor's got

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/... 4294965857 4294965745 1622&silo=Stock&eapi=2

Last edited:

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
It may just be me...but what VX...?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
you'll prob want an pre purchase inspection done and a compression test not to mention all the others revs/wovs :blah blah:

but looks ok for the price

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
yeah I'll be all sweet when it comes to inspection a good mate of mine is a mechanic as well as my dad who was a mechanic for 12 years,
so how long would you reckon the motor has left?

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Doesnt look too bad, it looks fairly straight, but you would definitely want a NRMA inspection (if they do that like RACV :p) and RWC.
Dont worry about the high kilometres too much, as she said (and you can tell from the photo and location), they were highway kilometres and not stop-start city driving, which strains and wears the engine down more.
My missus was looking for a manual VX and i know firsthand how hard they are to find a good deal, but i'd say this one is okay.

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
I will get an nrma inspection on it, and yeah I agree with the rural km's it's just that everyone says that these days :/ I suppose it is in Yoss haha.
It's a good 2 hour drive from my house, but I am going to discuss this with my dad and see when he's able to come down with me

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
i think it looks ok but 5k for a vx s pack ehhhh to many ks, its in nsw where cars are cheap, there are vx's in adelaide for well under 5k.
it could be ligit but generally why do people sell cars? most of the time something pops up that they cannot be bothered fixing, dont have the cash etc etc.
me personally, i will buy a car to improve and sell to make money, i wont sell a pos that i know is dodgy,
just recently i picked up two vt's 1 for 1000 1 for 800, so far i have spent 500 on both, both serviced to the max, one has genuine monaro tail lights i picked up cheap with ss interior, both are mint as to drive now, could have sold each quick for 2500 but misses fell in love with them...
any way if your serious, get a proper inspection done, like a thorough rwc inspection, just because it has over a 1/4 of a million ks on it doesnt mean its faffed, you might be able to talk him down to 3500, then i think it will be a bit more worth it

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
even though it's manual? i reckon $4000 would probably be the maximum. I guess I'll take a look in a week or two if it's still for sale.