Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thoughts on trending attitudes...

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
As a high school teacher I see about 100 different teenage kids a week across 5 classes. I think proliferation of social media and mobile devices has quite a bit to do with it. People don't know how to have proper human relationships anymore, and developing the ensuing skills of respect and resilience. Not only that, its a massive, massive distraction in the classroom. So much so that some days it's even a struggle to use Youtube on the smartboard as a reward for the class if they behave themselves and do their work. A big problem I have is students focusing on the behaviour of others, without considering their own behaviour, and the ensuing lack of respect that comes the teacher's way. Bit of entitlement? Have got that from a couple of students, complaining about my teaching ability when they could be applying themselves better. Some days it feels like particular classes are a 1 hour session of intense psychological warfare.

Nonetheless, the BB14 incident was a bit tacky and sensationalist. Uncalled for.

This is part of the problem. People now expect that there is a reward if they simply do what they should be doing anyway.

The reward for doing the right thing, is simply, doing the right thing.

As for the BB thing, most people forget or have no clue that the contestants are picked for a reason. they are not going to pick normal well adjusted people that do not have any hidden issues or skeletons in the closet.
They pick people that will create issues or tension or themselves will have issues.
Everyone being happy and getting along wont get people tuned in like mindless sheep.
Controversy sells, simple.
People also forget that it is a competition and there is only one winner, so of course they are going to be some losers.
Yeah you got voted out and nobody really liked you. So what!! Harden up, what did you really expect from a competition that revolves around people trying to win a cash prize........... Muppets........
For those that got all upset about it, the simple solution is not to watch the crap in the first place. Problem solved!!!

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
It's not the kids fault. The parents are the ones that need a kick up the arse.

Damn right! I was brought up the same way my father was, you do something wrong, you'd wanna hope your a fast runner ( I was NEVER fast enough) or where a few more pairs of undies! No elbows on the table, when your done place your knife and fork neatly on the plate and wait for the nod of approval to get up and start washing the dishes. All I see nowadays is kids crying and throwing tantrums about getting 4 packets of chips not 5! Something needs to be done, disrespectful little sprogs! I'll be raising my son the way I was and my father before me!✋

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
My wife showed me a photo of one of the contestant was told to fold. The picture shows a hand on what seems to be taping the contestant ankle to fall/drop from the challenge. If I want fiction I rather watch Miss Fisher.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
My wife showed me a photo of one of the contestant was told to fold. The picture shows a hand on what seems to be taping the contestant ankle to fall/drop from the challenge. If I want fiction I rather watch Miss Fisher.

And in English please?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Hey Skydrol

We watch a lot of really rubbishy American progams out here, but we are capable of producing our own rubbish too. Big Brother is one such program. Whatever you are referring to probably wasn't part of the Australian program.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
Uh why would she wear such short dress with legs like that.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
My apologies for not specifying.
That was on the Big Brother House USA version, is all scripted. They caught some flak for it. As usual, just got swept under the rug.

And in English please?

That is all you have to say?

I am under the impression that you are a very conceited individual.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
That is all you have to say?

I am under the impression that you are a very conceited individual.

It is when what you say makes no sense. Not conceited at all. I just wonder how your posts vary so much. Some times they're easy to read, other times they make no sense at all.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Way too many distractions at work.