Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

thoughts on wrx clubby (minux dont you own one of these?)

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
Looking at getting myself a Clubspec Evo 8 WRX

I can pick one of these up for 21k atm through savings and loans at an interest rate of 8.5%, and planning on dumping 6 grand on it as soon as i sell some other stuff to bring it down quicker (if thats possible)

The car looks awesome, silver in colour, manual, sunroof, looks tip top condition and because its in nsw im making sure the guy gives me a mechanic backed by the NRMA or equivilent before I send him the deposit (and wont be handing over the cheque until ive looked over the car when I fly over next week.

She only has 92,000 km on her, anyone had much experience with them? or dealing with 3 year low interest rate loans through savings and loans?

Im still looking at having a commie as a daily tho, dw :)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I don't have what your getting, but do have subaru's. I love the wrx. Fuel usage is brilliant round town and on the highway, plus have a car that can do 0-100 in just under 5 seconds stock. Once it hits MRT for the work in 5000k's will be even better.

Take it for a drive, see how you like it, all I know is, I will never buy anything Holden ever again(unless they come up with a sweeeet motorhome) :p

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
my friend had one of them, she wrote it off couple weeks ago, very nice cars imo... just make sure you put a high performance timing belt on before you put a tune on it, they are due at 100,000 on them anyways so might be something to keep in mind... good pickup for that price too!

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Minux, just out of interest is this the first WRX you've had?..

I'd be keen to know what the older models are like also, looking at a 04/05 WRX Evo7 or STI.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Minux, just out of interest is this the first WRX you've had?..

I'd be keen to know what the older models are like also, looking at a 04/05 WRX Evo7 or STI.

@nd, both the same model pretty much, know a guy with an 06 sti, he love sit, great to drive etc.

As I said, you need to just test drive and see what you think.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
its over in syd, im giving the guy a deposit, getting it financed then heading over and only handing over the cheque if i like it. safe way of buying

VLSabo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Metlink Monthly Pass
yeah mate, the wrx gearbox's **** themselves very easy, my mate has gone through 2 allready.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
well this weekends the big one, heading over with stealthy to pick it up by the looks :)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Gets my seal of approval! Awesome car, awesome road trip!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Pics or ban!! :D